""Oy to the World"": While finishing her Christmas shopping, Barbara Gordon sees Harley Quinn out on the streets, trying to invade police headquarters. Worried that Harley is planning something illegal, Barbara quickly changes into her Batgirl uniform and chases Harley through the city. She even
- I wonder if her parents know how she spends her nights?
- -- James Gordon
Appearing in "Oy to the World"
- Foxes (Single appearance)
- Kit "Kitsune" Nozawa
- Roxy (Single appearance)
- Miranda (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Oy to the World"
While finishing her Christmas shopping, Barbara Gordon sees Harley Quinn out on the streets, trying to invade police headquarters. Worried that Harley is planning something illegal, Barbara quickly changes into her Batgirl uniform and chases Harley through the city. She eventually catches up to Harley at the dockyards, where Harley explains that she had been searching for Batman - or one of his associates - to help her save Poison Ivy.
Batgirl does not believe Harley at first, but is eventually convinced to follow her into one of the ships. Inside, Batgirl finds that Harley had been telling the truth; Ivy has been captured by the Japanese assassin Kitsune, who is trying to coerce her into joining a new terrorist group. Ivy refuses, as Kitsune's gang had not only forcibly abducted her but also tried to kill Harley. In response, Kitsune has her computer technician raid Ivy's laptop for anything useful, and prepares to kill Ivy herself.
Harley begs Batgirl to save Ivy, and promises to surrender herself to the police in exchange. Batgirl reluctantly agrees and starts fighting Kitsune's gang, while Harley rushes to free Ivy. Once freed, Ivy immediately escapes the ship, but Harley keeps to her word and stays behind to help Batgirl. Together, the two of them defeat Kitsune's entire gang, including Kitsune herself.
Subsequently, Batgirl takes Harley to police headquarters, only to be told that Harley had been paroled days ago and has no outstanding warrants. A furious Batgirl is forced to let Harley go free, only to see Harley getting into a car with Poison Ivy seconds later. Certain that the pair are up to further mischief, Batgirl swings after them.
All the while, an oblivious Commissioner Gordon waits for his daughter on the front steps of police headquarters, not knowing what could have delayed her for so many hours.
- This book was first published on December 10, 1997.
- This is a one-shot special issue, which takes place in the continuity of the 1998 The New Batman/Superman Adventures animated television series.
- No trivia.
- Batgirl Recommended Reading
- DC Animated Universe Recommended Reading
- Adventures in the DC Universe (Volume 1)
- The Batgirl Adventures #1
- Batman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman Adventures (Volume 2)
- Batman Adventures: The Lost Years (Volume 1)
- The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
- Batman & Robin Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman and Superman Adventures: Worlds Finest: The Official Comics Adaptation #1
- Batman Beyond (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 2)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 4)
- Batman Beyond Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond Universe (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman: Harley and Ivy (Volume 1)
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - The Animated Movie #1
- Gotham Girls (Volume 1)
- Justice League Adventures (Volume 1)
- Justice League Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Superman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Superman & Batman Magazine (Volume 1)