"The Invisible Labyrinth": The Phantom Stranger, John Constantine, Doctor Occult, and Mister E convene to discuss Timothy Hunter, a British youth with unprecedented potential in magic. While E favors preemptive killing, and Constantine total inaction, they are outvoted by Occult and the Stranger
- The past is always knocking at the door, trying to break through, into today.
Appearing in "The Invisible Labyrinth"
- Timothy Hunter (First appearance)
- Brotherhood of the Cold Flame (Mentioned only)
- Lucifer Morningstar (Flashback only)
- Calculha (Flashback only)
- Merlin (Flashback only)
- Jason Blood (Flashback only)
- Kent Nelson (Flashback only)
- Inza Cramer-Nelson (Flashback only)
- Giovanni Zatara (Flashback only)
- Sargon the Sorcerer (Flashback only)
- Yo-yo the Owl (First appearance)
- Atlantis (Flashback only)
- Silver City (Cameo)
- United Kingdom (Flashback and main story)
- United States of America (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "The Invisible Labyrinth"
The Phantom Stranger, John Constantine, Doctor Occult, and Mister E convene to discuss Timothy Hunter, a British youth with unprecedented potential in magic. While E favors preemptive killing, and Constantine total inaction, they are outvoted by Occult and the Stranger, who insist that Timothy be offered a proper education. The quartet make such an offer to Timothy, who instantly dismisses them - until his yo-yo is transformed into a live owl by Occult. Impressed, Timothy agrees to be shown the mystics' world.
With the Stranger his first instructor, Timothy witnesses the Creation; the War in Heaven; the fall of Atlantis; magic as understood by cavemen, then by ancient Egyptians, Chinese, Greeks. A brief encounter with the legendary Merlin and medieval witch-hunts additionally teach Timothy some of magic's worst drawbacks: it often forces acolytes to know futures they cannot change, and it cannot always coexist with man's suspicious, capricious nature.
Finally, the Stranger introduces Timothy to Doctor Fate, Zatara, and Sargon the Sorcerer - three mystics who had successfully adapted to the modern, science-centered world, but nevertheless met less-than-pleasant ends, as is often the price of magic. Timothy emerges from this first leg of his education disturbed, but still eager to learn more - an eagerness Constantine is more than willing to indulge.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and References
This page is missing characters!
This page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue, episode, movie, game or book but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the template.