"Streets of Poison": With a growing drug problem in Gotham City, Batman asks his friend Barry Allen to examine a sample of the newest supply to determine if it has the "Chan Connection", the connection being that it's origin point is a
Appearing in "Streets of Poison"
- General Lin Chan (Single appearance)
- Amy Stimson (Single appearance)
- Cheech (Single appearance)
- Ruth Tuck (Single appearance)
- Amy's Plane
Synopsis for "Streets of Poison"
With a growing drug problem in Gotham City, Batman asks his friend Barry Allen to examine a sample of the newest supply to determine if it has the "Chan Connection", the connection being that it's origin point is a small Southeast Asian nation under the rule of General Lin Chan, who they are dealing with to pay a large sum to have his drug crop destroyed instead of made into illegal drugs. As Bruce Wayne and Barry Allan make plans to go to this country to make their deal as part of "Operation: Junk Pile", criminal Ruth Tuck manages to use her acrobatic skills to escape from prison.
A few days later in the country of Ragoon, Bruce and Barry make their way to their contact person, when Barry thinks he sees Amy Stimson -- a long missing famous aviatrix who crashed in the area some time ago. However, in spite of his super-speed as the Flash, he fails to confirm this.
Bruce goes to the Blue Elephant cafe to meet up with their connection to learn that he's gone hunting in the woods, and also finds trouble when they're attacked, but Bruce's skill manages to fight off their attackers. Going into the woods as Batman, he finds his contact attacked by a trained tiger owned by General Lin Chan, and decides to go to the castle as Bruce Wayne. There he finds that Amy Stimson is there as Chan's "guest", and refuses to let her go because she knows the secret of his lair.
Going back to Barry after brokering a deal with Chan, he tells Barry what he saw but both agree that their main priority is preventing Chan's drugs from reaching America. However the next day they are mortified to find that Chan has locked Stimson in a cage for trying to escape. Further, Chan increases his price for destroying the drug crop he grew. Bruce is suspicious of Chan's honesty and when they are shown apparent manufactured drugs being burned and poppy plans being crop dusted with defoliant, Barry goes into action as the Flash to check everything out to realize it's all a hoax and that Chan has no intentions to destroy the drugs.
The two heroes decide to search for the real drugs and destroy them as Batman and the Flash. Along the way, they run into a woman who has as striking resemblance to Stimson, who turns out to be Ruth Tuck, who has fled to this country after undergoing plastic surgery. With her aid (having her take Amy's place temporarily so Chan is none the wiser), they manage to rescue the real Amy, and destroy the drug crop. Along the way, Batman and Flash learn that Amy's plane never crashed. Upon returning to America, Amy's welcome home celebration is marred when Batman has her arrested on smuggling charges, revealing that she used her fame to help smuggle drugs out of Asia and into the United States. They then return to Chan's castle and rescue Ruth, and bring her back to the states. Batman tells her that he'll try and have her sentence reduced thanks to her assistance in their operation.
- The story is divided in three chapters:
- Part 1 Mission to Chan
- Part 2 In the Tiger's Lair
- Part 3 Return of a Heroine
- Reprinted in Showcase Presents: The Brave and the Bold Batman Team-Ups Vol. 3.
- No trivia.
- Discuss The Brave and the Bold Vol 1 125 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Brave and the Bold series
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- The Flash Recommended Reading