"Take 7 Steps to... Wipe-Out!": When the ambassador of Sudaria is murdered by a leopard, it attracts the attention of both Batman (who's on patrol) and Wonder Woman (who has been working for the United Nations). They stumble upon a plot by [[Selina Kyle (Earth-One)|Ca
The Brave and the Bold #131 is an issue of the series The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1) with a cover date of December, 1976.
Appearing in "Take 7 Steps to... Wipe-Out!"
- B.K. Kadaffir (Only appearance; dies)
- Ahmad Bakra (Single appearance)
- "Uncle Sam" (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Take 7 Steps to... Wipe-Out!"
When the ambassador of Sudaria is murdered by a leopard, it attracts the attention of both Batman (who's on patrol) and Wonder Woman (who has been working for the United Nations). They stumble upon a plot by Catwoman to sell parts of a blue print to a new super-computer called Peter Rabbit over to a foreign power.
When Batman and Wonder Woman foil her plot to turn over the final part of the blue print through an auction when Bruce Wayne trys to outbid the winner, she replaces the blueprint (hidden in a cat statue) with a bomb. When Catwoman is forced to leave the country when she's determined to be a Person Non Gratta, she is then chosen as Sudaria's ambassador to facilitate the rest of the transaction.
However, in order to get away with this, Catwoman fakes her own death and when Batman believes she'd loaded her coffin (bound for Sudaria) with the last part of the blueprint, he's shocked to find a panther inside instead. As Wonder Woman's UN duties force her to be Catwoman's escourt to Sudaria, she soon learns (by message relayed through Batman) that the last bit of the blue prints were hidden in her jet. When she tries to land on the US aircraft carrier the Sudarian government fires missiles at her invisible jet. However, Wonder Woman uses her lasso to "helicopter" down to the ship where she turns over the final part of the blue print to the military.
Later, reuniting with Batman, they recount how Catwoman almost won, and how she escaped. Batman believes that Catwoman will be back to plague them someday.
- Reprinted in Showcase Presents: The Brave and the Bold Batman Team-Ups Vol. 3.
- Due to inconstancies in how Catwoman is portrayed (she kills people), Crisis on Infinite Earths: Absolute Edition classified this story as taking place on Earth-Thirty-Two.
- This issue's letter page, "Batman's The Brave and the Bold Mailbag", announces Dennis O'Neil as the upcoming Story Editor and Joe Orlando as the new Managing Editor.
- The story is divided in three chapters:
- Part 1 - The Spotted Spy
- Part 2 - Wrath of the Tigress
- Part 3 - Coffin for a Super-Hero
- No trivia.