"Batman--Dragon Slayer?": An old man is walking his bike when he's surrounded by a bunch of thugs who want to rough him up. Richard Dragon happens by and fights off all the men, and then helps the man out by fixing his bike and giving him change for food to ea
Appearing in "Batman--Dragon Slayer?"
- Carlos Esteban (Single appearance)
- The Stylist (Only appearance; dies)
- Calvin Curtis (Only appearance; dies)
- Officer Murphy (Single appearance)
- Walt Karns (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Batman--Dragon Slayer?"
An old man is walking his bike when he's surrounded by a bunch of thugs who want to rough him up. Richard Dragon happens by and fights off all the men, and then helps the man out by fixing his bike and giving him change for food to eat.
One year later, Dragon is in Gotham City to drop in on his friend Stan who has his own dojo in the city. Walking through Gotham Park, he's challenged by the Stylist -- A killer-for-hire who is a self proclaimed master of karate. The Stylist gains the upper hand until Batman arrives, and flees before he can be seen. The caped crusader believes that Richard is just another Gotham Park mugger and the two fight. However, when it turns out they are equally matched, Batman stops the fight to find out what the true story is and learns about the Stylist.
Batman and Richard begin to wonder why someone would send the Stylist out to kill Richard Dragon, when Batman spots a limo following them. Batman pulls the driver out to find out why they are being tailed. The man only has an envelope to give to Richard Dragon. It's contents are a safety deposit box key and a dime. Richard recalls the old man whom he saved a year prior. Batman realizes that the only person who could have sent this was Calvin Curtis, an eccentric millionaire who died recently and left no known will behind.
Looking for the Stylist, Batman and Richard Dragon fail to apprehend him because as yet he hasn't done anything illegal. However, when he meets with Richard for another one-on-one battle, the Stylist realizes that it's a police trap and flees. To get away, he seriously wounds one of the officers staking out the area. This makes the Stylist a fugitive of the law and he flees Gotham City.
Batman and Richard Dragon track him down to Yucatan, Mexico, where they learn that Clavin's business partner Carlos Esteban had hired the Stylist to murder Richard Dragon so that he can get Clavin's fortune. Batman and Richard make short work of the Stylist and Estaban and turn them over to the Mexican authorities. Flying to Las Vegas to open the safety deposit box, Batman and Richard find Calvin's will: Which turns over his entire fortune to Carlos Estaban under one condition, that he stay within the law. Since Estaban is rotting in a Mexican jail, the fortune is turned over to charity. Richard finds in the box a bicycle pump and a note from the late Curtis thanking him for his kindness.
- This book was first published on November 15, 1976.
- Reprinted in Showcase Presents: The Brave and the Bold Batman Team-Ups Vol. 3.
- This is the first issue in The Brave and the Bold series that features the new "bullet" logo on the cover. It is also the first issue with Joe Orlando as Managing Editor and Denny O'Neil as Story Editor.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Brave and the Bold Vol 1 132 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Brave and the Bold series
- Images from The Brave and the Bold Vol 1 132
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Richard Dragon Recommended Reading