Appearing in "The Widow-Maker!"
- Willi Van Dort (Single appearance) (Dies)
- General Van Dort (Flashback only)
- Racing Cars
Synopsis for "The Widow-Maker!"
When Willi Van Dort (son of the Nazi war criminal General Van Dort) plans to use unsportsmanlike means to win a race by having Bruce Wayne killed, Batman enters the race, and with the help of Diana Prince and I-Ching wins the race instead of Van Dort, who was willing to win by any means, even murdering Batman. After Batman wins the race with Diana's help, Van Dort and his accomplices are arrested. Wonder Woman also gets into some trouble with the law when it turns out the car she thought was a rental was the wrong one and was reported stolen.
- This book was first published on October 23, 1969.
- The original name of Willi's father was Von Dort. It is very likely that Sekowsky made a mistake and changed the name to Van Dort when he wrote the story.
- This issue is reprinted in Showcase Presents: The Brave and the Bold Batman Team-Ups Vol. 1 and Diana Prince: Wonder Woman.
- This issue features a short suspense story titled "A Matter of Life and Death", written by Murray Boltinoff, illustrated by Jack Sparling and lettered by John Costanza.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Brave and the Bold Vol 1 87 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Brave and the Bold series
- Images from The Brave and the Bold Vol 1 87