"Back to the Future": In 2017 the crew in charge of levelling the Continuum are shocked as Captain Atom, now a red colour, hovers out from the wreckage. Flying away he soon encounters a drone sent by Heinrich Megala thro
Appearing in "Back to the Future"
- Construction Crew
- Genji Sato (First appearance; unnamed) (In picture only)
- Takara Sato (In picture only) (Deceased)
- Joint Chiefs of Staff (Cameo)
- Justice League (Mentioned only)
- Nano-com (Mentioned only)
- Crane with Wrecking Ball
Synopsis for "Back to the Future"
In 2017 the crew in charge of levelling the Continuum are shocked as Captain Atom, now a red colour, hovers out from the wreckage. Flying away he soon encounters a drone sent by Heinrich Megala through which he talks to Atom and directs him to the Mesaplex where they explain how Atom has seemingly evolved into a different kind of being. The Doctor also reveals how they amassed data on Atom's activity in the 90s and the fate of his wife, Takara who died in a car crash seven years prior. Despite warnings Atom attempts to fly to the Moon for solitude but can not make the trip with his current evolution and free-falls back to Earth.
Military helicopters find his body naked and with no evidence of his newer red skin-suit. They retrieve him back to the Mesaplex where Atom is shown the news recording of the day he disappeared and was presumed dead. The general takes this opportunity to present Project Resurgence, a re-branding of the "New" Captain Atom and his secret identity as Cameron Scott. Accepting, the first stage is to run tests on Atom's new powers - four thermobaric warheads hit and are absorbed by Atom, then tests of strength and accuracy are undertaken and finally a stealth drone to test his reactions.
With the tests completed Atom reneges on Project Resurgence but General Eiling blackmails him, brandishing the Kansas City Star from 2012 with caption: "Captain Atom Overload Kills Three". Atom still leaves. Inside the apartment given to him by Eiling he conducts some research into his wife and the three casualties when there is a knock at his door. On his door is a letter, inside is a tablet with a note and picture of Atom's son!
- This book was first published on March 1, 2017.
- No special notes.
- The Kansas City Star that General Eiling shows Captain Atom is mistakingly dated September 10, 1996. It should be dated in 2012.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Fall and Rise of Captain Atom Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Fall and Rise of Captain Atom series
- Images from The Fall and Rise of Captain Atom Vol 1 3