- Thanks anyway — and be careful, Jay. I think it could get pretty dangerous out there ...: Ted Knight
- Maybe. But how's that any different from all the other times we've put these costumes on?: Flash (Jay Garrick)
"Darker Grows the Night": Lex Luthor arrives in Metropolis ready to help out during this new crisis. Superman welcomes him to the conference and he immediately sets about forming new strategies to save Earth. The Final Night #2 is an issue of the series The Final Night (Volume 1) with a cover date of November, 1996.
Synopsis for "Darker Grows the Night"
Other heroes meanwhile work overtime across the globe helping out people in need. Ray saves a trapped family from a burning building, while Wonder Woman douses the flames by carrying a fire truck atop her shoulders.
In Paris, France, Batman encounters Vandal Savage, who is in the midst of stealing the Mona Lisa. Vandal tries to shoot Batman, but Superman arrives just in time to deflect the bullets. The impact still takes its toll on the Man of Steel however, whose strength is waning with the absence of yellow solar radiation.
Luthor works with Brainiac 5 of the Legion of Super-Heroes and invents a probe designed to analyze the Sun-Eater. Green Lantern flies the probe into the heart of the Sun-Eater, but is forced to abort the mission when the probe begins to overload.
Dusk wanders the snowy streets of Metropolis. A gang of hungry civilians come upon her, blaming her for bringing the Sun-Eater to Earth. Flash, Nightwing and Robin arrive to fight off the frightened mob. Dusk flees, but the mob pursues her. Suddenly, a young costumed hero named Ferro arrives on the scene and defends Dusk from the throng of desperate citizens.
Appearing in "Darker Grows the Night"
- Big Barda
- Black Canary
- Captain Marvel Jr.
- Flash (Jay Garrick)
- Flash (Wally West)
- Green Lantern
- Lex Luthor
- Liberty Belle
- Martian Manhunter
- Ted Knight
- Wonder Woman
- Legion of Super-Heroes
- The Final Night (Volume 1) was shipped on a weekly publishing schedule.
- This issue is reprinted in The Final Night and The Final Night New Edition.
- The tagline for this issue is "Week Two: Chaos".
- This issue includes a S.T.A.R. Labs Earthwatch Web page and timeline.
Links and References
The Final Night Crossover