"Lightning in a Bottle, Part Five: Missing in Action": After being thrown from the top of Griffin's apartment building, Bart Allen changes into his Flash costume. He runs back up the side of the building, only to find that he has run t
- That's more like the Bart I remember.
- -- Joan Garrick
Appearing in "Lightning in a Bottle, Part Five: Missing in Action"
Synopsis for "Lightning in a Bottle, Part Five: Missing in Action"
After being thrown from the top of Griffin's apartment building, Bart Allen changes into his Flash costume. He runs back up the side of the building, only to find that he has run too fast, the force launching him skyward. He lands in the gorilla exhibit of the Keystone Zoo, disoriented. He is greeted by former Teen Titans teammate Cyborg, who had been asked by Jay Garrick to talk to his friend about facing his fear.
Bart meets Jay and Joan Garrick at an outdoor restaurant where he plans to introduce them to Valerie Perez. However, when she does not show up, he gets concerned and rushes off to her residence. There, he finds a note saying that she is not ready for a relationship. Bart returns to the restaurant just in time to see the Griffin racing down the street in his car. Jay suits up and follows him, and Bart decides to join him. Together, the two Flashes stop an armed robbery attempt in seconds, embarrasing the Griffin. Angry, he fires a blast of energy at the speedsters and makes a getaway hanging onto a police helicopter.
Meanwhile, Val finds herself locked into a cell, where she is greeted by Inertia.
Griffin has established a new base in an abandoned subway tunnel and formulates a plan to stop his accelerated aging by studying Jay Garrick.
Inertia and Val's father, Manfred Mota, tell Val about their plan to restore Mota to a corporeal form using technology from Inertia's era, and in the process destroying every other speedster.
Jay is kidnapped by the Griffin during a morning walk, and Tina McGee tells Bart that S.T.A.R. Labs's speed force analyzer had been stolen. In his underground lair, Griffin has hooked Jay up to the machine. Bart speeds off to the rescue.
- This book was first published on October 18, 2006.
- This issue is reprinted in the The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive: Lightning in a Bottle collection.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive series
- Images from The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive Vol 1 5
- The Flash Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Flash (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Flash Official Website
- Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
- Flash Index at Crimson Lightning
- Flash at TV Tropes