Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Synopsis for "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three"
Appearing in "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three"
- John Constantine (Dies)
- Black Lightning (Jefferson Pierce) (Dies)
- Caitlin Snow/Frost (Dies)
- Elongated Man (Raph Dibny) (Dies)
- Flash (Earth-90) (Dies) (Flashback and main story)
- Iris West-Allen (Dies)
- John Diggle (Dies)
- Lois Lane (Dies)
- Lucifer Morningstar (Earth-666)
- Mia Smoak (Dies)
- Monitor (Dies)
- Pariah (Dies)
- Ray Palmer (Dies)
- Spectre (Jim Corrigan) (First appearance)
- Superman (Dies)
- Vibe (Cisco Ramon) (Dies)
- Amanda Turner-Choi (First appearance) (In a photograph only)
- Simone Turner-Choi (First appearance) (In a photograph only)
- Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
- Helena Kyle (Earth-203) (Dies)
- Leonard (Destroyed)
- Oracle (Earth-203) (Dies) (Voice only)
- Tina McGee (Earth-90) (Flashback only)
- Alvin Pierce (Mentioned only)
- Amenadiel (Mentioned only)
- Anissa Pierce (Mentioned only)
- Bruce Wayne (Earth-99) (Mentioned only)
- Henry Allen (Mentioned only)
- Jim Corrigan (Earth-1) (Mentioned only)
- Joe West (Mentioned only)
- Jonathan Kent (Mentioned only)
- Jennifer Pierce (Mentioned only)
- Kamilla Hwang (Mentioned only)
- Lynn Stewart (Mentioned only)
- Mick Rory (Earth-74) (Mentioned only)
- Maze (Mentioned only)
- Alex Danvers (Mentioned only)
- Querl Dox/Brainiac 5 (Mentioned only)
- Multiverse (Destroyed)
- Waverider (Destroyed)
- Crisis on Infinite Earths
- This episode is the third part of the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover, continuing from the Batwoman episode "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Two" and continued in the Arrow episode "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four".
- The events of Black Lightning episode The Book of Resistance: Chapter Four: Earth Crisis tie-ins to Crisis on Infinite Earths as they directly lead to Black Lightning's appearance in this episode.
- The Multiverse is destroyed in this episode.
- Other DC's properties are revealed to be part of the Multiverse:
- Earth-203 is shown to be the universe of the Birds of Prey TV show with Ashley Scott returning as Helena Kyle/Huntress and the voice cameo of Dina Meyer as Barbara Gordon/Oracle.
- Earth-666 is the setting of Lucifer with Tom Ellis returning as the Devil Lucifer Morningstar.
- Black Lightning was already shown to be affected by the Crisis and it's confirmed to be part of the Multiverse but its Earth is never named.
- As it was previously foreshadowed, the Multiverse is destroyed by the antimatter wave, generated by the Anti-Monitor's antimatter cannon.
- After years of teasing, the prophecy of the Flash dying in Crisis is finally fullfilled: Barry Allen of Earth-1 was ready to die to save the Multiverse but the older Flash of Earth-90 took his place and made the ultimate sacrifice, being desintegrated to stop the antimatter cannon.
- Barry Allen of Earth-90 finally dies, fullfilling his long life as a superhero. Just before he died, he reminisced a conversation, during his early years, with her dead lover Tina McGee..
- Barry Allen of Earth-1, J'onn J'onzz of Earth-38 and Ryan Choi of Earth-1 are revealed to be respectively the Paragon of Love, Paragon of Honor and Paragon of Humanity. After the destruction of the Multiverse, the Paragons are the only known mortal survivors of the Crisis, being saved by Nash Wells who sends them to Vanishing Point.
- In a twist of events, Lex Luthor rewrote himself as the Paragon of Truth thanks to the Book of Destiny, erasing Superman of Earth-96 from existence.
- As it exists outside of time and space, Vanishing Point survived the annihilation and it's still devastated after Leonard Snart had destroyed the Time Masters' lair and being used as a base by the Legion of Doom.
- In this episode, there are some important callbacks to the original Crisis on Infinite Earths:
- Barry Allen of Earth-90 runs to death to save the Multiverse as the Flash Barry Allen did in the legendary scene of Crisis on Infinite Earths #8.
- Lyla Michaels/Harbinger is tainted by the Anti-Monitor to kill the Monitor as her Pre-Crisis counterpart Harbinger murdered the Monitor in Crisis on Infinite Earths #4.
- Superman of Earth-96 dying in the arms of Supergirl is reminiscent of the iconic scene of Earth-One Superman crying with her cousin Supergirl dead in his arms, shown in Crisis on Infinite Earths #7.
- The pattern of naming universes after important years is also followed in this episode:
- Earth-203's designation is based on 2003 which is the year that Birds of Prey premiered.
- Although it was never named on-screen, Earth-73 may be the setting of Black Lightning as it was shown to be destroyed just after Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning was saved from the total annihilation of his reality.
- Earth-666 is named after the number 666, the so-called Number of the Beast, a reference to Lucifer's retirement on this Earth.
- The guest appearance of Lucifer is set sometime in the five-year-gap between him leaving Hell and meeting Chloe Decker.
- It is revealed that, during his long life as Master of the Dark Arts, Constantine had already met and friended Lucifer who owed him a favor because of a situation regarding Lucifer's friend Mazikeen. During this encounter, Lucifer repays this debt, gifting Constantine a pass to the Purgatory and mocking him, mispronouncing his name to John's annoyance.
- The Devil makes some jokes about his family as he affirms that Diggle resembles his brother Amenadiel while he accepts to help the trio after understanding Mia Queen's desire to revive his father, a reference to his banishment from Heaven by his father, God.
- Lucifer is also shown to be aware of the incoming destruction of the Multiverse but never afraid of that. Probably, being the son of God and the Devil himself, like other higher beings, was untouched by the destruction of the Multiverse and, later, he normally continued his life Post-Crisis.
- The Spectre is revealed to be a Multiversal higher entity, capable to stand against the Anti-Monitor.
- It is revealed that its powers can be willingly transferred into another being.
- As mentioned by Constantine, this iteration of the Spectre, Jim Corrigan is different by the James Corrigan of Earth-1 who was also prophetized to become, in death, an avatar of the entity.
- It could be presumed that all the version of James Corrigan from the Multiverse will become the Spectre on their realities.
- The Purgatory, as other higher realms like the Fifth Dimension, is untouched by the Crisis. Like shown in previous appearances, it is different for everyone who lives in it: for Oliver Queen, it takes the form of Lian Yu.
- Watchmen is revealed to be a famous TV Series on Earth-666, like Supergirl. Despite every DC's properties being now part of the larger Multiverse and having an omnipotent, reality-manipulating entity, it is never shown to be an actual Earth.
- 7 Images from The Flash (2014 TV Series) Episode: Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three
- Episodes of The Flash (2014 TV Series)
- Images from The Flash (2014 TV Series)
- Gallery for the The Flash (2014 TV Series) series
Links and References
- Crisis on Infinite Earths (Arrowverse) at Wikipedia.org
- "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three" at the Arrowverse Wiki
- The Flash: "A Flash of the Lightning"
- Flash: "Honor Among Thieves"
- Black Lightning: "The Book of Resistance: Chapter Four: Earth Crisis"
- Supergirl: "It's a Super Life"
- Lucifer: "Pilot"
- Constantine: "Waiting for the Man"