"Running to the Past": Once upon a time, a young boy named Barry went to the Science Club after school. On the way back, a local kid named Al Desmond beat him up with his gang and stole his shoes. Barry was saddened, but his [[Nora Thomp
Appearing in "Running to the Past"
- The Flash (Barry Allen) (Flashback and main story)
- Flash Family
- Al (Flashback only)
- The Rogues
- Iris West
- Nora Allen (Flashback only)
- Central City Police Department (Flashback only)
- Fred Chyre (Flashback only)
- Henry Allen (Mentioned only)
- Mr. Keegan (Barry's science teacher) (Mentioned only)
- Central City (Flashback and main story)
- Central City Comics (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Running to the Past"
Once upon a time, a young boy named Barry went to the Science Club after school. On the way back, a local kid named Al Desmond beat him up with his gang and stole his shoes. Barry was saddened, but his mother found him and brought him to a comics shop, so he was happier.
Then his mother faded away before his eyes.
Barry Allen wakes up. Since his resurrection, he has been having bad dreams about his dead mother, and he has been unable to sleep. The clock reads 3:05, and since he cannot sleep, he goes to his old childhood home, long since abandoned. He remembers running to the house, and being held back by the officers. No one could solve the case, so the husband, Barry's father, was convicted of the crime... a crime Barry has since learned was committed by his time-traveling arch-nemesis Professor Zoom.
As he sits in the house, he is greeted by the rest of Central City's speedsters, who were alerted by his use of his powers and brought here, though they don't know why. The Flash accepts that, while he may be used to running alone, he has a family now; a group of people who will support him and help him out...
At 3:07, the Rogues find themselves at the old lab of Sam Scudder, the late Mirror Master. None of them know why they have been drawn here at this specific time, but Captain Cold remembers something Scudder was working on between the Flash's retirement and Scudder's own death in the original Crisis - a large piece of opaque mirror, with the legend "In case the Flash returns, break glass".
Appearing in "Profile Pages"
- Central City Police Department
- Flash Family
- Iris West
- Jai West
- Flash Villains
Synopsis for "Profile Pages"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss The Flash Secret Files and Origins Vol 1 2010 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Flash Secret Files and Origins series
- Images from The Flash Secret Files and Origins Vol 1 2010
- The Flash Recommended Reading
Links and References
Secret Files and Origins