"The Good...The Bad...And The Unexpected!": Dr. Alchemy II intends to manufacture enough Desmondium gas to rule the world, and only Mr. Element and the Flash can stop him.
The Flash #289 is an issue of the series The Flash (Volume 1) with a cover date of September, 1980. It was published on June 10, 1980.
Synopsis for "The Good...The Bad...And The Unexpected!"
Dr. Alchemy II intends to manufacture enough Desmondium gas to rule the world, and only Mr. Element and the Flash can stop him.
Appearing in "The Good...The Bad...And The Unexpected!"
Synopsis for "Firestorm is Back In Town!"
Elated that he's been officially inducted into the JLA, Firestorm soars carefree around Queens while the reserved subconscious of Professor Stein tries to calm him down. Firestorm spies a speeding motorboat about to collide with a sail boat and quickly creates a water bridge to avert a crash. Transmuting a net to stop the out of control boat, Firestorm then sends up a flare to call the harbour patrol.
Finding a secluded alley in Jamaica, Ronnie separates from Stein who once again despairs when awaking from another mysterious blackout. Having pity on the ruined man, Ronnie introduces himself Stein to explain why he has been losing time.
At Stein's Astoria apartment, Ronnie recalls the story right from the beginning, starting with his desire to prove himself to Doreen by recklessly joining the radical protester, Earhart, and how he became a patsy for the terrorist group's sabotage of the Hudson facility. It was the resulting explosion that merged their two selves as one, becoming the new hero, Firestorm.
Appearing in "Firestorm is Back In Town!"
- Eddie Earhart (Flashback only)
- Motorboat Pilot
- Female Sailor
- New York
- Sail boat
- "Firestorm is Back in Town!" was reprinted in Firestorm the Nuclear Man.
- This story is essentially a recap of Firestorm's origins from his first short-lived series. It is the first time Professor Stein becomes aware of the cause of his "blackouts."
- The Flash Recommended Reading
- Firestorm Recommended Reading
- Firestorm (Volume 1)
- The Flash (Volume 1): The Flash #289– #304
- Firestorm (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 1): Justice League of America #179– #225 & Justice League of America Annual #1–2
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- JLA #69– #82
- Identity Crisis #5
- Firestorm (Volume 3)
- Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men (Volume 1)
- Legends of Tomorrow (Volume 1)