"Negative, Part Two": At home, Barry Allen lowers himself into a bathtub full of icewater. Earlier in the day Barry narrowly won a fight with Shrapnel by using a new aspect of his Negative Speed Force powers. Now Barry nurses his bruises and aches, which his super-speed metabolism would ordinari
Appearing in "Negative, Part Two"
- The Flash (Flashback and main story)
- CCPD (Flashback and main story)
- Road Reapers (Appears only as a corpse) (Flashback only)
- Godspeed (On a TV or computer screen)
- Papercut (On a TV or computer screen)
- Rogues (On a TV or computer screen)
- Tar Pit (On a TV or computer screen)
- Alfred Pennyworth (Mentioned only)
- Batman (Mentioned only)
- Captain Boomerang (Mentioned only)
- Reverse-Flash (Mentioned only)
- Two-Face (Mentioned only)
- Central City (Flashback and main story)
- Gotham City (Mentioned only)
- Captain Cold's Cold Gun (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Negative, Part Two"
At home, Barry Allen lowers himself into a bathtub full of icewater. Earlier in the day Barry narrowly won a fight with Shrapnel by using a new aspect of his Negative Speed Force powers. Now Barry nurses his bruises and aches, which his super-speed metabolism would ordinarily have healed by now. Removing his battered costume, Barry blames himself for the death of the Road Reapers and berates himself for letting his anger drive him to rush into the encounter. He tries to be optimistic as usual, but can't help but continue to question the rectitude of his identity as The Flash.
In the Crime Lab at CCPD, Barry wonders who the secretive new crime boss could be. Kristen has been hard at work on the missing evidence case, and has been stymied by Barry's absence. They steal some evidence from the coroner's evidence lockup to demonstrate how easy it would be for a CCPD officer to do so, and then rendezvous with Detectives Burns and Morrow to discuss the case. Detective Burns shares her intolerance for dirty police from her time as a GCPD officer, and Detective Morrow states that he suspects Captain Singh as the evidence thief. After Kristen leaves, Barry builds on a theory she had and concludes that the only evidence stolen was blood-related biological samples. The detectives suggest that they bring their findings to Singh, but Barry dismisses their advice and hurries to the Records Room to find who might have been viewing blood-related records. Barry is eager to rededicate himself to the investigation in order to show everyone that he is still a good police officer and to show himself that he doesn't need to have superpowers to be a hero.
Upon entering the Records Room, Barry discovers that the staff have been violently knocked out and that a fire has been set which is quickly consuming the building. Refusing to use his Negative Speed Force Powers, Barry begins moving the incapacitated victims away from the blaze. However, Barry succumbs to the pain from his injuries sustained earlier in the day and passes out amidst the spreading flames.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss The Flash Vol 5 29 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Flash series
- Images from The Flash Vol 5 29