"The Joker Goes 'Wilde!'": The Joker and his gang set out to steal some valuable paintings by the late Thaddeus Wilde, but they find competition by the Royal Flush Gang, who also want to steal the paintings. According to legend, Wilde hid th
- The Joker beats any card in the deck!
- — Joker
Synopsis for "The Joker Goes 'Wilde!'"
The Joker and his gang set out to steal some valuable paintings by the late Thaddeus Wilde, but they find competition by the Royal Flush Gang, who also want to steal the paintings. According to legend, Wilde hid the secret location of his massive fortune in all his paintings and the only way to find the money was to gather all the paintings and find the secret message in each one of the art pieces.
Joker impersonates Art Wilde, Thaddeus' last living descendant, and gets easy access to the paintings, much to the Royal Flush Gang's frustration. In the eventual confrontation between Joker, the RFG and the Police, Joker manages to defeat the Gang all by himself allowing the police to arrest them and giving himself the chance to escape with the money.
During his getaway, Joker confesses to his gang that the man he murdered before their whole caper started was the real Art Wilde and that he had located and taken the money, which made it much easier for Joker to steal the loot.
Appearing in "The Joker Goes 'Wilde!'"
- Royal Flush Gang
- Thaddeus Wilde (Single appearance)
- Art Wilde (Only appearance; dies)
- Amos Fortune
- This issue and all eight other issues of The Joker (Volume 1) are reprinted in The Joker: The Clown Prince of Crime.
- Joker Recommended Reading
- The Joker (Volume 1)
- The Joker (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Killing Joke
- Batman: The Man Who Laughs
- "Batman: Lovers and Madmen"
- "Batman: A Death in the Family"
- Joker: Devil's Advocate
- Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
- "The Joker's Last Laugh"
- "Superman: Emperor Joker"
- "Superman/Batman: With a Vengeance!"
- The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told
- Joker (graphic novel)