"The Rules": Kamandi lived in an average town with his Grandmother, Iris. After waking up because he was late to the bus, Kamandi rushes out the door to town. While in town, the sky caves in and Rats begin to invade the town and attack. A confused Kamandi witnesses the tow
- I need to survive this challenge, or else I really will be... The Last Boy on Earth.
- — Kamandi
Appearing in "The Rules"
- Kamandi (First appearance)
- Grandma Iris (First appearance)
- Batman (In a photograph only)
- Mike Royer
- Jack Kirby
- Superman (In a photograph only)
- Prince Tuftan (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "The Rules"
Kamandi lived in an average town with his Grandmother, Iris. After waking up because he was late to the bus, Kamandi rushes out the door to town. While in town, the sky caves in and Rats begin to invade the town and attack. A confused Kamandi witnesses the townspeople fight back, only to realize that they are all androids. While running back home, his grandmother tells him she understands the situation and transports him away. She is revealed to also be an android. Kamandi is then captured by subjects of Tiger City to fight in a Colosseum against Tiny.
Appearing in "K -- is for 'Kill!'"
- Leopards (First appearance)
- Tiger City
- Hall of War
- Nuclear Missile
Synopsis for "K -- is for 'Kill!'"
After winning the bout, Kamandi is taken in by Doctor Canus to be studied; to become Prince Tuftan's new champion. Kamandi convinces Canus that he is intelligent and they both go sight-seeing in Tiger City. King Caesar returns back from battle against the Leopards and brings back a nuclear missle. While fiddling with it to "speak with the Gods," they accidentily activate it. It is then sat to detonate in less than five minutes.
- No special notes.
- Mr. Kirby and Mr. Royer are named after the original characters of Kamandi: Jack Kirby and Mike Royer.
- Discuss The Kamandi Challenge Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Kamandi Challenge series
- Images from The Kamandi Challenge Vol 1 1
- Kamandi Recommended Reading