"Man of Steel, Part 1": Krypton. Many decades ago, Rogol Zaar (Prime Earth) pleads with The Circle to destroy the Kryptonian race. Kryptonians have already reached out of their solar system, and albeit they claim to be interested solely in trading and commerc
Appearing in "Man of Steel, Part 1"
- Melody Moore (First appearance)
- Lois Lane-Kent
- Jimmy Olsen
- Perry White
- Robinson Goode
- The Circle (First appearance) (Flashback only)
- Supergirl (In picture only)
- Batman (Mentioned only)
- Jor-El (Mentioned only)
- Martha Kent (Mentioned only)
- S.T.A.R. Labs (Mentioned only)
- Wonder Woman (Mentioned only)
- Krypton (Flashback only)
- Czarnia (Mentioned only)
- Dominion (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Man of Steel, Part 1"
Krypton. Many decades ago, Rogol Zaar (Prime Earth) pleads with The Circle to destroy the Kryptonian race. Kryptonians have already reached out of their solar system, and albeit they claim to be interested solely in trading and commerce, Zaar is sure sooner or later Krypton will start plundering other worlds. Kryptonians are a plague and plagues are to be purged, not reasoned with or warred with.
Present day. Metropolis. Killer Moth has broken into Firefly's safe house to demand the loot taken by Firefly. Firefly tries to calm him down, explaining he's pulling all his triggers. He always listens for yells and sentences like "Where's the money?". Killer Moth states he is busy out of the country.
Later, Superman is tracking down a scream. A building is burning, a frequent occurrence of late. Superman quickly evacuates the building and super-breathes the fire off. The emergency is over, but he has a bad feeling about this fire.
Superman flies into the building and gets to scan walls and ceiling as his thoughts wander towards his son. A firewoman approaches him, confirming Superman's suspicions. A serial arsonist is on the loose. She introduces herself as new Deputy Fire Chief Melody Moore, and is investigating the case. Superman tells her if she finds something, she can call Clark Kent or Lois-- just Kent. Superman then flies away.
Several decades ago. Appa Ali Apsa, a member of The Circle, meets Rogol Zaar to tell him his appeal has been considered... and denied. He assures the Circle isn't ignoring him or dismissing his sacrifices, but they think his judgement is clouded by his personal history, and Krypton hasn't acted aggressively towards anybody so far. Appa states Krypton will be left alone and fades away. Zaar falls on his knees, devastated.
Present day. Clark is working on his arsonist story, although Perry White finds it underwhelming. Once again, Clark's thoughts wander towards his wife and son. He flashes back to that time when they were having a family moment and a strange white light filled their home's kitchen all of sudden.
- This book was first published on May 30, 2018.
- No special notes.
There's a hidden Legion of Super-Heroes reference when Lois says her son should "join the Legion of kids that are old enough to fix their own problems".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Man of Steel Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Man of Steel series
- Images from The Man of Steel Vol 2 1
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)