"Man of Steel, Part 4": Superman and Supergirl engage Rogol Zaar. Blinded with rage, Supergirl is pummelling him, but Superman ponders they're pushing him back too easily, like he was luring them in. Their battl
- Why is He hiding? The guy can hit. Maybe we hurt him more than we thought we did?
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Man of Steel, Part 4"
- Superman (Flashback and main story)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
- Jimmy Olsen
- Lois Lane-Kent (Flashback only)
- Metropolis Police Department
- Perry White
- Robinson Goode
- Superboy (Flashback only)
- Batman (Mentioned only)
- Cyborg (Mentioned only)
- Guardians of the Universe (Mentioned only)
- Justice League (Mentioned only)
- Kandorians (Mentioned only)
- Mister Oz (Flashback only)
- Arctic Circle
- Krypton (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Man of Steel, Part 4"
Superman and Supergirl engage Rogol Zaar. Blinded with rage, Supergirl is pummelling him, but Superman ponders they're pushing him back too easily, like he was luring them in. Their battle is endangering civilians, and Superman dashes forward to punch him out of Metropolis. Unfortunately Superman realizes he can't hit him tough because the shockwave would demolish the city. Superman forces him to land on a rooftoop and observes him. Superman realizes the Earth's sun is Rogol's weakness. He isn't used to such a power boost.
Rogol blasts him away and then goes into hiding. Superman guesses his enemy's studying him. Superman and Supergirl scan the city, but for some reason he's impervious to their X-ray vision. Abruptly, Rogol Zaar resumes his attack. He smashes Supergirl away and hits Superman until the Man of Steel loses consciousness.
As he's fainted, Superman recalls how he was separated from his wife and son: an insectoid-looking vessel warped in their kitchen, piloted by his birth father. Jor-El said he'd come looking for Jonathan.
Superman comes around and finds Hal Jordan has come over and is questioning witnesses. Captain Maggie Sawyer is telling the unknown alien claimed he was performing a "cleansing". However Rogol hightailed it one second before Green Lantern showed up, like he knew he was coming.
Supergirl returns and asks her cousin if he got Rogol Zaar. Superman has to admit Rogol escaped. Kal and Kara take a minute to mourn the loss of Kandor together, and Kara flies off to look for Rogol. Hal wants Superman to call his cousin back, though. If Rogol Zaar is out to cleanse Kryptonians, every Kryptonian must be accounted for. Hal asks Kal where's his son, and Superman freezes.
Swiftly, Superman flies back to his ruined Fortress of Solitude and checks a broken comm device. Suddenly he realizes Rogol is behind him, demanding to know why he came back. He adds if Superman is trying to warn another Kryptonian refugee he'll find them. He also claims he knew Jor-El, probably better than Superman.
Superman states he can't tell if Rogol was telling what he thought was the truth about Krypton or was merely trying to get Superman mad. Then Rogol asks if Superman has procreated. Superman snaps and releases a solar flare that blows his Fortress up.
- This book was first published on June 20, 2018.
- This issue also has a sneak preview of Titans (Volume 3) #23.
- The preview published in Action Comics #1000 happens between pages 10 and 11.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Man of Steel Vol 2 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Man of Steel series
- Images from The Man of Steel Vol 2 4
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)