""Fallen Angels"": In the skies above a Kansas wheat field, Eddie Hamilton, the incredible Icarus soars with the aid of his mutant wings. But a group of Thanagarians, embroiled in their shadow invasion of Earth blast him out of the sky thus eliminating a potential threat.
- I should kill you right here! But no matter how justly you deserve it -- that's not the way of Thanagar!
- — Hawkman
Appearing in "Fallen Angels"
- Hawkman (Flashback and main story)
- Hawkwoman (Flashback and main story) and (disguised as Mavis Trent)
- Joe Tracy
- Mavis Trent (Dies in flashback) and (disguised as Hawkwoman in flashback)
- Stewart Frazier
- George Emmett (Flashback only)
- George Emmett (Flashback only)
- Icarus (Eddie Hamilton) (Only appearance; dies)
- Midway City Police Department
- Henry "Mousey" Mason (Mentioned only) (Dies)
- Thanagar (Flashback only)
- Anti-Gravity Belts
- Roman Cestuses
- Stun Ray
- Thanagarian Mace
- Energy Detector
- Absorbascon (Flashback only)
- Specially Treated Contact Lenses
- Palm Blasters
- Thanagarian Star Cruiser (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Fallen Angels"
In the skies above a Kansas wheat field, Eddie Hamilton, the incredible Icarus soars with the aid of his mutant wings. But a group of Thanagarians, embroiled in their shadow invasion of Earth blast him out of the sky thus eliminating a potential threat.
Back at the Midway City Museum, Hawkman stares in grief-stricken agony at the spot where his wife Hawkwoman fell prey to the Thanagarian weaponry. Mavis Trent runs up to speak to him, but Hawkman doesn't even look at her. Captain Frazier pulls Hawkman into another room for a private talk. Hawkman reveals to Frazier that he is in fact Hawkman. He tells him that the murderers are aliens who are likely after his alien technology. He shows Frazier a vault of Thanagarian weaponry right before disintegrating it so that the Thanagarians can never use it. He then takes off through the skylight to track down Shayera's killers.
Using a scanning device, he hones in on the residual energy trail made by the Thanagarian palm blasters. He follows the trail to Grinders Bluff off Lake Michigan. Inside, the Thanagarian scout leader Fell Andar interrogates one of his own – Rab Mekir. Rab is the one responsible for shooting Hawkwoman at the museum.
Hawkman flies into the aliens' secret cave and begins attacking them. But Fell Andar was expecting Hawkman and is prepared to take him down. As the two opponents fight, Hawkman finally realizes that his foes are not just aliens, but Thanagarians as well. Fell Andar tells Hawkman that Thanagar has become a more aggressive society with plans of conquering the galaxy. Earth is their first target.
- Cameo flashback of former Midway City police commissioner George Emmett.
- Includes a flashback to Katar and Shayera's early life on Thanagar.
- Includes a flashback to events that took place behind the scenes in issue #1.
- Several of the Thanagarian agents are named for the first time in this issue.
- Rab Mekir was the killer of Mavis Trent.
- In place of a letters page, this issue features a history of Hawkman written by Tony Isabella.
- No trivia.
- Discuss The Shadow War of Hawkman Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Shadow War of Hawkman series
- Images from The Shadow War of Hawkman Vol 1 2
- Hawkman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- The Atom (Volume 1): The Atom and Hawkman #39- #46
- Brightest Day
- Convergence: Hawkman
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Hawkgirl (Volume 1)
- Hawkman (Volume 1)
- Hawkman (Volume 2)
- Hawkman (Volume 3)
- Hawkman (Volume 4)
- Hawkman (Volume 5)
- Hawkworld (Volume 1)
- Hawkworld (Volume 2)
- JSA (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- Mystery in Space (Volume 1): Mystery in Space #87- #91
- The Savage Hawkman
- Shadow War of Hawkman
- World's Finest (Volume 1)