The Suicide Squad is superhero comedy movie written and directed by James Gunn, based on the Suicide Squad, a penal special forces unit. It is a sequel to and soft reboot of 2016's Suicide Squad, cleaning slate for a new audience while still maintaining the continuity of the DC Extended Universe. It also paved the way for the spin-off series Peacemaker.
Synopsis for "The Suicide Squad (Movie)"
Appearing in "The Suicide Squad (Movie)"
- Suicide Squad
- Harley Quinn (Harleen Quinzel)
- Bloodsport (Robert DuBois) (First appearance) (Origin)
- Rick Flag (Dies)
- King Shark (Nanaue) (First appearance)
- Ratcatcher II (Cleo Cazo) (First appearance) (Flashback and main story) (Origin)
- Polka Dot Man (Abner Krill) (First appearance; dies) (Origin)
- Captain Boomerang (Digger Harkness) (Dies)
- Blackguard (Richard Hertz) (First appearance; dies)
- Javelin (Gunter Braun) (First appearance; dies)
- Mongal (First appearance; dies)
- Savant (Brian Durlin) (First appearance; dies)
- T.D.K. (Cory Pitzner) (First appearance)
- Weasel (First appearance)
- Freedom Fighters (First appearance)
- Sol Soria (First appearance)
- Milton (First appearance) (Dies)
- Starro (First appearance; dies) (Flashback and main story)
- United States Government (Flashback and main story)
- Mateo Suárez (First appearance; dies)
- Silvio Luna (First appearance; dies)
- General Vera (First appearance) (Dies)
- Doctor Fitzgibbon (First appearance)
- Lt. Glass (First appearance)
- Sgt. Chavis (First appearance)
- Belle Reve Inmates
- Camila (First appearance)
- Clyrax (First appearance)
- Herrera Family (On a TV or computer screen) (Dies)
- Isabella (First appearance)
- NASA (On a TV or computer screen)
- Ratcatcher I (First appearance) (Dies in flashback)
- Sebastian (First appearance)
- Tyla DuBois (First appearance)
- Avral Kaddam (Mentioned only)
- Senator Cray (Mentioned only)
- S.T.A.R. Labs (Mentioned only)
- Superman (Mentioned only)
- China (Mentioned only)
- Corto Maltese
- Valle Del Mar
- Portugal (Flashback only)
- Qurac (Mentioned only)
- Russia (Mentioned only)
- United States of America
- Viola Davis as Amanda Waller
- Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
- Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag
- Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang
- Idris Elba as Bloodsport
- John Cena as Peacemaker
- Peter Capaldi as The Thinker
- Alice Braga as Sol Soria
- Pete Davidson as Blackguard
- David Dastmalchian as The Polka Dot Man
- Michael Rooker as Savant
- Taika Waititi as The Ratcatcher
- Nathan Fillion as T.D.K.
- Storm Reid as Tyla DuBois
- Daniela Melchior as Ratcatcher II
- Steve Agee as John Economos and King Shark
- Sean Gunn as Weasel and Calendar Man
- Joaquín Cosío as Major General Mateo Suarez
- Juan Diego Botto as General Presidente Silvio Luna
- Flula Borg as Javelin
- Tinashe Kajese as Flo Crawley
- Mayling Ng as Mongal
- Jennifer Holland as Emilia Harcourt
- Julio Ruiz as Milton
- John Ostrander as Doctor Fitzgibbon
- Jared Leland Gore as Double Down
- Stephen Blackehart as Briscoe
- Mikaela Hoover as Camila
- Natalia Safran as Kaleidoscope
- Dee Bradley Baker as Sebastian (voice)
- Crisp Rat and Jaws as Sebastian
- Crisp Rat and Jaws as Sebastian
- James Gunn pitched the title The Suicide Squad as a joke to Warner Bros, which they unironically loved. The original title Gunn had planned was Suicide Squad: Dogs of War.
- Four characters from the comics make brief cameo appearances as prisoners at Belle Reve.
- The villain Kaleidoscope from Dial H for Hero appears when Amanda Waller takes Peacemaker and Bloodsport to Cleo Cazo's prison cell. Kaleidoscope was originally created by two fans, Chris Lawton and Nancy Mae Lawton, who wrote in to DC Comics and suggested the character for Dial H for Hero in 1982. The credits for The Suicide Squad give special thanks to Chris Lawton and Nancy Mae Lawton.
- Batman villain Calendar Man briefly appears to taunt Polka-Dot Man. Special thanks were given to Calendar Man's creators Bill Finger and Sheldon Moldoff in the movie's credits.
- Flash villain Double Down makes a cameo standing next to Calendar Man and joins him in his taunting of Polka-Dot Man. The movie's credits also include special thanks to Double Down's creators Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver.
- Karma is seen standing behind Double Down for a very brief moment when Bloodsport asks Waller if he, Double Down and Calendar Man would be on the Suicide Squad team. In the comics, Wayne Hawkins/Karma was once part of Task Force X in Suicide Squad #58. Karma's creators Paul Kupperberg and Steve Lightle were given special thanks in the credits for The Suicide Squad.
- Characters from The Suicide Squad (Movie)
- Other things related to The Suicide Squad (Movie)
- Movie Gallery: The Suicide Squad (Movie)
- Poloway, Kevin (26 July 2021). @djkevlar on Twitter.
- Johnston, Rich (6 August 2021). Kaleidoscope, The Suicide Squad Character Created By Two Fans In 1982. Bleeding Cool. Avatar Press.