Lieutenant Theodore R. Gaynor was a top officer in the United States Marine Corps. Born in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin in 1912, he graduated top of his class at West Point in 1935. He was sent to OCS by congressional recommendation, and quickly became a special attaché in the Marine Corps. He served in a special presidential task force, operating in secret, until he was appointed to British Intelligence as a special operative that answered only to Winston Churchill.
At Churchill's recommendation, Gaynor was added to the roster of the Blackhawk Squadron when they were one man short, but Gaynor proved too militaristic for the Blackhawks, and his stay was not long.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 9 Appearances of Theodore Gaynor (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Theodore Gaynor (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Theodore Gaynor (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Theodore Gaynor (New Earth)