Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
The Thinker used his incredible intelligence to model the world and predict what would happen.
Thinker's incredible brain came at a price: his brain drains energy from the rest of his body, prematurely aging him. He predicted that he would be dead within a decade, until the arrival of the Crime Syndicate. He agreed to serve the villains in exchange for a new body; specifically, the body of OMAC. When they agreed to his terms, he began subverting the work of the Suicide Squad, arranging a second Squad (while pretending to be Amanda Waller) to counter the first, and cutting into Amanda Waller's bandwidth, preventing her from getting valuable data to her operatives.
- Thinker was created by Gardner Fox and Everett E. Hibbard, first appearing in Adventures of All-Flash #12. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Matt Kindt and Patrick Zircher's New 52 Suicide Squad series.
- 6 Appearances of Thinker (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Thinker (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Thinker (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thinker (Prime Earth)
Secret Society of Super-Villains member