The Thinker is an artificial intelligence created by Mister Terrific based on the Thinking Cap of the original Thinker after his death. However, the AI went rogue, becoming a villain in its own right, continuing the Thinker's legacy as a villain to the Flash.
After the death of the original Thinker, Mister Terrific used the Thinking-Cap to create an artificial intelligence based on DeVoe's brain-patterns. However the system gained consciousness and took on a visual hologram form.
As the new Thinker, it joined Johnny Sorrow's modern Injustice Society, provided the group with information about the Justice Society members, and turned the heroes' own headquarters against them. He was defeated by the Star-Spangled Kid and disappeared into cyberspace.
He later resurfaced in Keystone City to battle Flash (Wally West), in an attempt to control every brain in the city to increase his power. Thinker was defeated by Cyborg, he retreated to cyberspace again.
Later on, at the behest of then White King Mr. Terrific, he starts serving as the White King's Bishop.
Powers and Abilities
- Mechanokinesis: Being a living computer in his digital self, The Thinker A.I. can physically interface with and digitize segments of solid matter and convert them into raw data with which he has total control over.
- Holographic Projection: As a sentient program made of bits an binary. The Thinker intelligence is an image induction comprising of variable fields of light harmonics, given his appearance of ones and zeroes pertaining his digitized form.
- Photokinesis: The holographic form comprising of the Artificial Intelligence also enables it to control and bend its own light physiology to an extent. Being able to appear and dissolve out of plain sight at will on top of being physically imperceptible, unless it solidifies its own photonic structure.
- Computer Operation: Thinker is an advanced AI able to hack complex systems like the JSA Headquarters.
- Genius Level Intellect: The Thinker retains the consciousness of Clifford DeVoe, who was a genius in his own right.
- 31 Appearances of Thinker Artificial Intelligence (New Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Thinker Artificial Intelligence (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Thinker Artificial Intelligence (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thinker Artificial Intelligence (New Earth)
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.
|Checkmate Member |
This character was a member of the top secret government organization Checkmate. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Checkmate members" and "Government Agents" categories.
|Cyborg Villain(s) |