Steelclaw was a Star City vigilante posing as a criminal.
Thomas Bolt was the mayor of Star City. When his city was plagued by corruption and crime, Bolt was determined to do something about it. Having allowed vigilantes Black Canary and Green Arrow to handle the more powerful criminals, Bolt decided to adopt a costumed persona called the Steelclaw. Using the costume and its arsenal to impose himself on common street criminals, Steelclaw dug for information about underworld activities that he could act upon in an official capacity. However, he crossed paths with Star City's protectors and narrowly avoided being captured. But in doing so found himself tied with a gang of criminals.
Bolt's disguise worked too well, which led him into a network of criminals who felt threatened by his existence. Green Arrow and Black Canary soon figured out Steelclaw's identity and tried to save the mayor, but Bolt was ultimately executed by gangland hoods. Star City lost a dedicated mayor whose only real fault was caring too much.
Powers and Abilities
- Steel Claw: A mechanical glove/claw which can bend steel and emit knockout gas.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Detective Comics #560
- Detective Comics #561
- Detective Comics #562
- Detective Comics #563
- Detective Comics #564
- 6 Appearances of Thomas Bolt (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Thomas Bolt (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Thomas Bolt (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Bolt (New Earth)
|Black Canary Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Black Canary. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Black Canary Villains."