Thomas Kalmaku was a young Inuit engineer at Ferris Aircraft, also the employer of test pilot Hal Jordan. For a while, he was nicknamed "Pieface" (see below), however this has not been used for some time. He had a girlfriend named Tegra. They later married and had a son and a daughter but later separated from his wife.
Kalmaku was one of the few people who knew Hal Jordan's secret, and kept a journal of Green Lantern's adventures. He often assisted the hero, or required rescuing. Hal had considered him as a replacement Green Lantern for Sector 2814, and the Guardians of the Universe even offered him a Green Lantern Ring (which he declined, famously saying "naw").
Kalmaku was revealed to be one of the "Chosen" who formed the New Guardians. He had the superpower to bring out the best in people. However, he decided to leave the New Guardians to be with his family. He loses his powers when he leaves the team.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 198 Appearances of Thomas Kalmaku (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Thomas Kalmaku (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Thomas Kalmaku (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Kalmaku (New Earth)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Thomas Kalmaku. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|