Tom Kirk is a detective for the Gotham City Police Department who works without a partner. Kirk began investigating the actions of a serial killer known as Eddie the Machete. During the investigation, Tom learned about the existence of Gotham's "grotesque guardian" Simon Dark. Tom has also developed a romantic interest in Gotham County coroner Beth Granger.
During his interactions with Simon, Tom was revealed to have regeneration powers similar to Simon Dark's. He told Simon and Beth that he was killed shortly after making detective and was brought back by Gustav Farmer, the same "father" who is responsible for Simon being brought to life.
- Zombie Physiology: Tom Kirk was stitched back together and brought back to life after being killed in the line of duty, but his body and mind were altered by the experience.
- Decelerated Aging: Tom has told Beth that he is aging slower than a regular human, and he has not noticably aged at all since his initial regeneration.
- Regeneration: Tom Kirk possesses the ability to regenerate lost or damaged tissue.
- Superhuman Strength: Tom can toss demon empowered foes through a brick wall.
- 18 Appearances of Thomas Kirk (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Thomas Kirk (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Thomas Kirk (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Kirk (New Earth)
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.