In 1920, Thomas and Martha were killed by a robber named Joe Chill while they were walking home from a Douglas Fairbanks picture, leaving their son Bruce in the care of their butler Alfred Pennyworth. Sometime before the incident, while they were visiting Smallville to set up a free family planning clinic, Thomas and Martha were warned beforehand about their deaths through the Chronoscope that the Kents had in their possession, an event that would lead to their son becoming Batman. As Bruce Wayne later found out, Thomas and Martha chose not to avoid the tragedy, but rather to let the fates unfold so that their son can become a force of good for the city.
- Thomas Wayne first appeared in Pre-Crisis Earth-Two continuity in Detective Comics #33 by Bill Finger and Bob Kane. He was introduced in Earth-3839 continuity in Batman/Captain America by John Byrne.
- 2 Appearances of Thomas Wayne (Earth-3839)
- 1 Images featuring Thomas Wayne (Earth-3839)
- Quotations by or about Thomas Wayne (Earth-3839)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Wayne (Earth-3839)