Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Thomas Wayne was a famous surgeon and wealthy philanthropist in Gotham City. His wife is socialite Martha Kane, and his son is millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne. The Waynes were murdered by a mugger in Crime Alley, leaving their son orphaned. This inspired Bruce to train and become the vigilante super-hero Batman.
- Thomas Wayne was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane, first appearing in Detective Comics #33. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Thomas Wayne first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batman (Volume 2) #9 by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, and Rafael Albuquerque.
- The character of Thomas Wayne was created by writer Bill Finger and artist Bob Kane. Later permutations of the character were developed courtesy of Dennis O'Neil, John Byrne, Frank Miller and John Francis Moore.
- 84 Appearances of Thomas Wayne (Prime Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Thomas Wayne (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Thomas Wayne (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Wayne (Prime Earth)