Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Dr. Thomas Wayne was a famous surgeon and wealthy philanthropist in Gotham City.
His wife is socialite Martha Kane, and his son is millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne. The Waynes were murdered by a mugger in Crime Alley, leaving their son orphaned. This inspired Bruce to train and become the vigilante super-hero Batman.
- Thomas Wayne was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane, first appearing in Detective Comics #33. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Thomas Wayne first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batman (Volume 2) #9 by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, and Rafael Albuquerque.
- 112 Appearances of Thomas Wayne (Prime Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Thomas Wayne (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Thomas Wayne (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Wayne (Prime Earth)