The Thunderer was a pint-sized demogogue from an alien dimension. Seeking to bring about Armageddon, he sent his emissary Neutrog to Earth to pave the way for his eventual arrival. Neutrog fought against Metamorpho and his ally Element Girl and succeeded in turning Metamorpho into a deadly radioactive isotope. As a result, Metamorpho's employer, Simon Stagg, was forced to exile him from the planet Earth. After Metamorpho had been launched into outer space, the Thunderer arrived on Earth bent on conquering the planet. He probably would have succeeded, but Metamorpho returned to Earth along with Element Girl. While fighting them, the Thunderer used his mutant powers to spirit them off to a sub-atomic universe where they were split into three separate beings each. With the elementals presumed dead, the Thunderer went to New York City and demanded the United Nations to surrender the Earth to him. Metamorpho and Element Girl escaped imprisonment, and with the help of a teenage science whiz named Billy Barton, they were able to incapacitate the Thunderer. Following which, two elder members of the Thunderer's race arrived on Earth, collected him, and took him back to their home world.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 3 Appearances of Thunderer (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Thunderer (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Thunderer (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thunderer (New Earth)