Moments after Orion's birth, Darkseid seized Orion from Tigra's arms and presented him to Highfather to seal the peace between Apokolips and New Genesis. Tigra was imprisoned cryogenically for years until the adult Orion returned to Apokolips aiming to slay Darkseid. With the help of the scientist Himon, Orion freed Tigra and sheltered her on New Genesis.
Tigra plotted to make Orion as the new ruler of Apokolips, in which she convinced her son that Darkseid was not his father to deceive into slaying Darkseid as revenge for her suffering at Darkseid's hands. However, Tigra was attacked by the Suicide Jockeys and died in Orion's arms before she could confess the truth.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 27 Appearances of Tigra (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Tigra (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Tigra (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Tigra (New Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.