Tim Drake was the sidekick of Batman, the third to take the mantle of Robin.
Tim Drake saw the performance in which Dick Grayson's family was murdered, which was the first time he met the first Robin. Eventually, he put the pieces together, Dick being Bruce Wayne's ward and Robin and Batman having similar qualities. Eventually, Tim uncovered their secret identities. After Jason Todd's (the second Robin) death, Tim contacted Dick and informed him of Batman's requirement to have a Robin to keep his sanity. After Nightwing and Batman were captured by Two-Face, Tim donned the Robin suit to save them. After that, Bruce required Tim go through training prior to becoming Robin. After months, Tim Drake became the third Boy Wonder.
Robin fends off several of the League of Shadows' assassins who have overtaken Batman. He is ordered to stand down as the assassins leave, handing Batman the line launcher before being told to leave.
After Joker's death, Robin goes to find Black Mask, as he becomes a new gang leader in Arkham City. He goes through Black Mask's hideout, where he finds out that some of the Penguin's thugs joined him, and that Riddler is also helping Black Mask. Lastly, he goes into the Freight Train and beats through some of the Joker's thugs, that have also joined him. After getting through three cars, Robin comes to end to find a few thugs, Mister Hammer, and Black Mask blocking the control box. After beating the thugs and Mister Hammer, he leaves Black Mask for last, apprehends him, and destroys the control box that's moving the train.
Main article: Harley Quinn's Revenge
Several weeks after the events of Arkham City, Harley Quinn has broken out of holding and retaken the Steel Mill with the Joker's gang. Robin enters the building to find Batman, who had lost contact two days earlier while attempting to rescue GCPD officers that had been taken hostage. He finds Batman's belt, finding Batman himself soon after trapped inside an airtight container suspended by a monument to the Joker. He battles Quinn and her thugs, taking the key card needed to free Batman. Over the intercom, Harley announces there are several bombs hidden in the Mill that will kill them all unless Batman can disarm them. Robin is ordered to find Quinn and her thugs while Batman disarms the bombs.
After a fourth bomb detonates (hidden inside the Joker monument), Batman asks if anyone had seen Robin exit the building, though none had. While he is distracted by his guilt and sorrow, Harley attempts to stab Batman, being saved at the last second by Robin's shuriken. Batman leaves after seeing everything has been taken care of. Commissioner Gordon asks if he is okay, to which Robin replies that he is fine.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Robin was taught how to fight by Batman. He spends his spare time as a cage fighter to polish his moves.
- Investigation: Robin is a self-taught detective. His skills only grew better after Batman trained him.
- Pedagogy: Tim works as science teacher in his day job.
- Stealth: Although lacking the pure black theme of Batman's suit (which grants better stealth due to not drawing attention), Robin is capable of hiding himself under floor grates and above on vantage points just as good as the Dark Knight.
- Explosive Gel: A tool shared with Batman, Robin uses it to blow up weak walls that block his way, or to take out unsuspecting enemies. Unlike Batman, Robin sprays the gel out in an "R".
- Zip Kick: Robin possesses a grapple gun like Batman, but favors using it to pull himself towards enemies and knock them down with a kick.
- Snap Flash: A tool unique to him, Robin has small grenade-like pellets that release a shockwave upon detonation. They are only strong enough to dizzy targets, not seriously harm them.
- Smoke Pellet: Robin also has smoke pellets at his disposal, allowing him to create cover either to flee or to surprise targets and take them out without other noticing.
- Bo-Staff: Robin primarily fights with a bo staff, which comes in handy when fighting more than one person. As versatile weapon, Robin can hit from long distance, or use both ends to repeatedly hit a target. His Takedowns primarily involving pinning a target with his foot a knocking them out with a blow to the head from the staff. Lacking the same level of strength Batman has, Robin typically pins targets above a high edge with his staff to interrogate them.
- Retractible Bullet Shield: A button on the staff deploys a thin, but strong shield for blocking bullet shots. However, there is only so much the shield can take before it gives out. Usually six shots.
- Remote-Controlled Shuriken: Similar to the Remote-Controlled Batarang, Tim possess bird-shaped Shuriken that he can control via his gauntlet when he needs to scout ahead, or to reach switches to activate doors and to distract enemies by making them look in the wrong direction.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Arkhamverse video game series and is an adaptation of Tim Drake. The original character was created by Marv Wolfman and Pat Broderick and first appeared in Batman #436.
- Robin was voiced by Troy Baker in Batman: Arkham City, Matthew Mercer in Batman: Arkham Knight, and Tom Austen in Batman: Arkham VR.
- 20 Appearances of Timothy Drake (Arkhamverse)
- 7 Images featuring Timothy Drake (Arkhamverse)
- 3 Quotations by or about Timothy Drake (Arkhamverse)
- Character Gallery: Timothy Drake (Arkhamverse)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.