Tony served in the Vietnam War, where he was awarded multiple medals for saving his twelve man patrol. The reason they had been discovered by the enemy was because of a fellow soldier, Eddie Dean, who had a habit of practical jokes. And this one went wrong.
After the war, he moved back to Blocker Street and lived with his mother and sister Angela. He worked various jobs in construction. Some time later, Angela fell ill at a party after the salad had been spiked. Tony witnessed Dean at the party and suspected his hand in it, but couldn't prove anything. Angela was hospitalized and fell into a coma. Three others died that night. Angela woke after seven months, but spoke little and did not recognize anyone.
A large and strong man, Tony was intimidating, and took out his frustrations on the local lowlifes, bums and vagabonds. Top Hat and her gang feared him. He helped Diana Prince when she took care of Top Hat's escaped slave, Cathy Perkins. Top Hat destroyed Mod-Ly Modern's wares and then even burned it down. Tony offered the two women to stay with them; Angela's room was free anyway. Together, they took down Top Hat, also discovering the loot from a jewel heist in her hat. With the reward money, Mod-Ly Modern could be rebuilt.
He kept looking for ways to take down Eddie. He saw another party where guests fell ill, with Eddie present. While working at a job downtown, he also spotted Eddie at a house that was way above his pay grade. He decided to take the law into his own hand and cornered Eddie at the construction site, where his former friend confessed to the prank. As they chased through the building, Eddie revealed it wasn't a prank at all - he was trying to line up a new batch of costumers for his drug trade.
Diana snuck up behind him and disarmed him and convinced Tony not to become a murderer. She threw him down a flight of stairs. Eddie was arrested and confessed to all of it, earning him 10 to 20. Angela was cured and with Tony's consent married her doctor. Tony feared the rise in drug crime was a losing battle, but Diana convinced him it was worth fighting.
- This version of Tony Petrucci (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Tony Petrucci (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Tony Petrucci (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Tony Petrucci (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Tony Petrucci (Earth-One)