Topo was a favored pet and ally to Aquaman.
Topo appeared to be gifted with a greater intelligence than that commonly attributed to the average octopus. Topo possessed greater dexterity than a standard octopus and was even known to have developed a keen ear for music.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: As an octopus, Topo possesses eight powerful tentacles, can breathe underwater, squeeze through tiny apertures, and presumably change the color and texture of his skin.
- Superhuman Strength: Topo's tentacles are powerful enough to crush metal.
- Swimming: The average octopus can swim about 25 miles per hour; the average human rarely exceeds 4 miles per hour.
- Water Dependency: Like all octopuses, Topo requires water to breathe, and can only crawl slowly on land.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 87 Appearances of Topo (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Topo (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Topo (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Topo (New Earth)
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.