Copy Edit Needed
Martian scientists were the one who created TOR, originally constructing him to be a indestructible robot of vast strength and intellect to serve their planet. J'onn J'onzz however was apprehensive about the project, and he was correct in these feelings as one of the scientists accidentally fed a master criminal thought-control card into the TOR control board. TOR's mechanical brain quickly absorbed its crime facts via a remote electronic connection, Thus making the robot primary function as a violent criminal. With insatiable greed and no respect for the law, TOR preceded to ravage mars. Unable to reason with TOR or damage it, the Martian Manhunter devised a plan to use the robot's greed against it.
TOR was lured onto a rocket ship with the false rumor of riches within, and was blasted off to the dead planet of Turas. There he discovered the solar dust on the world would slowly destroy TOR. Through unknown means, TOR eventually learned of J'onn J'onzz's own exile to Earth. TOR was able to invent a machine that not only gave him control of a human but was able to somehow make the host immune to harm. TOR succeeded in taking control of a crook called Marty Kirk, just 24 hours before TOR's fated destruction, and use him in a campaign of revenge against the Martian Manhunter. Despite TOR's best efforts in Kirk's body, J'onn J'onzz managed to elude the robot possessed crook until its remaining 24 hours were up before setting a fire that led to TOR's exorcism from Kirk.
- This version of Tor (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Tor (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Tor (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Tor (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Tor (Earth-One)
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |