- But the champion! H-He's supposed to die, too! The prophesy said -- No! No! The prophesy must be fulfilled!
- — Toxxin src
Toxxin was the high priest of a small village outside Atlantis.
They had developed a symbiotic relationship with a tentacled monster named the Krakor who lured in and ate all of the predators that would attack the village. Toxxin believed that it would turn on them though, and there was a prophecy that a champion would die while killing it to save his maiden. Aquaman and Mera were kidnapped to complete the prophecy, and forced to slay the Krakor thus exposing the village to attacks by more violent marine predators. Toxxin attempted to murder Aquaman so that in his mind the prophecy would be completed as foretold, although Aquaman simply knocked him out and left before having to confront any further dangers.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 1 Appearances of Toxxin (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Toxxin (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Toxxin (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Toxxin (New Earth)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."