"The Unsolvable Riddle": As the Dark Arcana takes Madagascar Enigma relates to his daughter SPHERE how and why he partnered with Morgaine le Fey. Enigma tells his efforts in brining back his family via science, magic, and even time travel which he either rejected or was prevented from using. Goi
Appearing in "The Unsolvable Riddle"
- Zatanna Zatara (Flashback only)
- Rip Hunter (Flashback only)
- Ra's al Ghul (Flashback only)
- Alexander Luthor (Flashback only)
- Idol Head of Infernatu
Synopsis for "The Unsolvable Riddle"
As the Dark Arcana takes Madagascar Enigma relates to his daughter SPHERE how and why he partnered with Morgaine le Fey. Enigma tells his efforts in brining back his family via science, magic, and even time travel which he either rejected or was prevented from using. Going to the Idol Head of Infernatu where the angels of the Antimatter Earth were sealed he is told "What is happiness but living in harmony with one's world?" After months of brooding he feels Krona escape his prison and realizes with something like that power he can changed the very nature of the antimatter universe.
SPHERE projects the chaos going on in Singapore and manipulates the image so the woman they see dies looks like Enigma's late wife. Enigma finds that in solving his old riddle of how his family can be happy he has found a new one: how will he redeem his lost soul.
Appearing in "The Gods Themselves"
- Chief Shevri
- The Monster (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "The Gods Themselves"
Alfred's group drive the mechanists away and are accepted back into the caravan. The story of Kellel is continued. After escaping Fell Hounds Kellel escapes the land of the dead and defeats The Monster. Deciding he needs to overcome his own godhood he takes a mortal wife. Dinanna and Ahtmahn think that this is a mistake and the story ends with this action making the godwar inevitable. Lois remembers more of the proper history and asks if she is the one who broke Superman. Alfred states that Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman shaped the world by making things happen according to the ideas of their own histories. Lois screams she needs Superman resulting in Kellel, Dinanna and Ahtmahn appearing stating that they have heard enough and they will deal with the outworlders.
- The book switches between the two stories only identifying them on the last panel of each.
- Alfred explains that Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman made things happened on this world according to the ideas of their own histories. In essence recreating their history but in a distorted manner.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Trinity Vol 1 35 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Trinity series
- Images from Trinity Vol 1 35