Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Tula is Orm's younger half-sister on their father's side. She was a member of the Drift, and later a Drift Captain. Tula earned Arthur's trust after she admitted to participating in an aborted rescue of her brother and after she aided Mera in uncovering an assassination plot. Arthur later appointed Tula regent of Atlantis, when his duties as Aquaman took him away from Atlantis for extended periods of time. Tula's reign as regent was cut short due to a coup by Corum Rath, former leader of the Deluge, who believed Arthur's surface sympathies were too progressive and harmful to Atlantis. Tula traveled to Amnesty Bay with Mera and found a life among the surface dwellers.
- Atlantean Physiology: The Atlanteans are offshoots of humanity that are biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. All their abilities are by-products of their bodies being adapted to survive unprotected in the tremendous pressures of the ocean depths.
- Superhuman Speed: She is also seen swimming fast enough to out pace a cloud of choking mist underwater, doing so allowed her to save Mera and strike back at her attackers.
- Superhuman Strength: Tula can crush large crabs, stab into armored opponents, drive her fingers into helmets and tear bars off cell doors.
- Superhuman Durability: Tula is able to withstand the huge pressures of deep ocean.
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Stamina
- Enhanced Senses
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Tula is a trained captain of the Atlantean military.
- Leadership: Tula is the leader of a subversive group of soldiers in the Atlantean military called The Drift. While membership of this group changes frequently, Tula is still adept in leading these men and women both above and beneath the sea. Tula excepts that most enemies will come to Atlantis from the land so she trains her soldiers for combat on the surface.
- Stealth: The Drift, which Tula leads, is a group of subtle soldiers which are used for secretive measures in defense of Atlantis. She prefers to stay back and sneak up on her opponents rather than charging in.
- Swimming: Tula, like all Atlanteans, is an adept swimmer. During combat she uses the tides to outpace her larger opponents and this style of combat is still useful above water where she maneuvered around Cyborg to plant a bomb on his back.
- Weaponry: As a trained soldier, Tula knows how to use Atlantean weaponry such as spears and pikes.
- Seahorse: When traveling she uses her undersea mount which is a large seahorse.
- Tula was created by Bob Haney and Nick Cardy, first appearing in Aquaman #33. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Tula first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 2) #16 by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis.
- 46 Appearances of Tula (Prime Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Tula (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Tula (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Tula (Prime Earth)
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.