Paske's father was from the underwater kingdom of Tritonis, one of the Atlantean city states where the people had legs like surface dwellers, while her mother hailed from Poseidonis where they have tails like mermaids. Born a mutant, Paske could change her legs to a fish tail and fly above the water, but could only survive underwater for thirty hours at a time. Due to this limitation, Paske was raised on land in Denmark by her adoptive parents. She was recruited as Denmark's representative in the superhero team the Global Guardians, under the name Little Mermaid.
Paske later took part in helping the Atlantean heroes in the Crisis on Infinite Earths. When the Guardians were disbanded by the United Nations, Paske was brainwashed along with her teammates by the Queen Bee of Bialya. Resisting brainwashing on several occasions, Paske would be a constant worry to the Queen Bee and her cohorts, fellow Guardian members Owlwoman and Jack O'Lantern. To keep the team in the public eye, Queen Bee has the the team sent to work with the Justice League Europe fighting an invading alien robot.
Sumaan Harjavti, the brother of earlier Bialyan leader Colonel Rumaan Harjavti, decided to take back the leadership of Bialya. The Justice League infiltrated the country and confronted the Global Guardians. During that time, Paske was seemingly killed by Jack O'Lantern who was revealed to be a Bialyan imposter. and the Justice League are blamed. 
However, Paske turned up later fighting with the Global Guardians again, stating that is was her evil twin who had died. A statue was erected along with the other fallen heroes.
- Atlantean Physiology: Little Mermaid is an Atlantean hybrid. She can shift between a legged form and a tailed form and survive underwater for up to 30 hours. Her body is adapted for breathing underwater and resisting deep-sea-level pressure.
- Superhuman Speed: Little Mermaid can swim 100 m.p.h underwater.
- Superhuman Strength: Little Mermaid possesses super strength.
- Superhuman Durability: Little Mermaid possesses a high level of toughness.
- Flight: Unlike other Atlanteans, she has developed the power to fly, but only when over a body of water.
- Asphyxiation: Unlike her biological parents, Ulla Paske cannot breathe underwater indefinitely. She must surface to breathe air after about 30 hours.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 13 Appearances of Ulla Paske (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Ulla Paske (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ulla Paske (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ulla Paske (New Earth)