""The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
Appearing in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse:
- Japanese Military
- South Pacific Ocean
- Lua Island
- Uncle Sam's airplane (damaged)
- Japanese bombers (almost all destroyed)
- U.S.M.A.C. fighter plane
- Japanese troop transport
- Japanese cruiser (Destroyed)
- U.S.M.C. motorboats
Synopsis for "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Murder"
- Baldy Ellis (Dies)
- Warden Thomas (Dies)
- Henry Jeddel, reporter, the Clarion (Dies)
- Doc Mueller, scientist
- Morgan Waddell, banker (Dies)
- J.C. Timmins, reporter
- Lowell Hedgepeth, reporter
- State Penitentiary
- dart-shooting wrist-watch
Synopsis for "Murder"
A banker and a reporter get murdered by a prison warden, using a spring-loaded dart-shooting wrist-watch. Uncle Sam is called in. After much guesswork and amid many false accusations, the murderer is identified, and dies from his own device.
Appearing in Heroic Exploits of the War: "Attack on Dieppe"
- English & Canadian Commandos
- English Commando Barges
- RAF Hurricanes & Spitfires
- USAAF B-17 Flying Fortresses
- Luftwaffe Focke-Wulf 190s
- Kriegsmarine Patrol Boats
- British Destroyers
- Canadian Tanks
Synopsis for Heroic Exploits of the War: "Attack on Dieppe"
(nonfiction account of the Dieppe Raid of August 19th, 1942.)
Appearing in "Pottsy McGraw and Cloutin' Clammy"
- Pottsy McGraw, black marketeer, midget
- Cloutin' Clammy, giant (reforms)
- their gang (hospitalized and/or arrested)
- Nazi agent,( w/ cigarette holder AND a monocle)
- Old Man Moe, hoarder of rubber tires
- the Mayor
- Police Commissioner Flannigan
- big city
- secluded shack, in the hills
Synopsis for "Pottsy McGraw and Cloutin' Clammy"
A gang of bootleg rubber tire racketeers preys on the public and sells stolen war materials to a Nazi agent. Uncle Sam is called in. Police ambush the gangsters and a big battle ensues, in which Buddy gets a bullet wound. Uncle Sam tracks down the gang and beats them all in a big fistfight.
Appearing in "The Secret of the Wax Museum"
- "Chiang Chan, Special War Observer for China", secretly Sin Lee, museum proprietor (captured)
- his teams of bomber pilots, sappers, and commandos (some die)
- U.S. Military
- Everytown, U.S.A.
- Military Base on West Coast
- U.S. medium bombers and dive bombers
Synopsis for "The Secret of the Wax Museum"
Japanese agents steal some U.S. bombers and use them to bomb some U.S. troops, inflicting heavy casualties, during a training exercise. Uncle Sam leaps aboard one bomber, beats up the crew, and tosses them out, then maneuvers that bomber to trick two pursuing planes into crashing in mid-air. Other agents replace the day's supply of blank ammunition with live rounds, inflicting more casualties on the wargame trainees. Uncle Sam and Buddy hunt for the sabotage mastermind's method of bringing in his Japanese troops. They spot a submarine, surfaced near the shore, sending commandos ashore on a rubber raft.
- "Attack on Dieppe"
- Page 6 panel 4 caption claims: "Before the day is over, more than 200 Nazi planes are brought crashing down ... !!" Wikipedia reports 48 Nazi planes lost, along with 106 Allied aircraft. Also slightly under half of the Allied ground troops (3600 out of 6100) were lost. This was a tactical and strategic defeat for the Allies, but you would not know it from reading this story.
- This "Heroic Exploits of the War" feature is the exact same concept as "Secret War News," both by Al McWilliams.
- Four Horsemen
- The two-page spread across pages 2 & 3 is by Reed Crandall, with the other 12 pages by Al Gabriele.
- Buddy wipes out a Japanese landing craft full of troops with machine gun fire from the air.
- Buddy impersonates Hirohito, pretends to capture Uncle Sam, and tricks two groups of Japanese Marines into opening fire on each other
- Pottsy McGraw and Cloutin' Clammy
- The city in which this story takes place is unidentified. Police in this city carry supplies of grenades, and will use them in a street fight with racketeers.
- Buddy gets shot, by gangster Pottsy McGraw. According to Buddy it's "Aw .. just a graze on the konk!"
- Also featured in this issue of Uncle Sam was:
- "Iron" (text story)
- No trivia.
Links and References
This page is missing characters!
This page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue, episode, movie, game or book but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the template.