Darkseid, born under the name Uxas, is a powerful New God who rules over his homeworld of Apokolips. He orders his uncle, Steppenwolf, as the general of his armies, and has them conquer other worlds and terraform them to resemble Apokolips.
At some point, Uxas took the name Darkseid and became ruler of Apokolips. Around 3,000 B.C, Darkseid ordered Steppenwolf to lead his armies to Earth to transform the planet into a twisted mirror reflection of Apokolips using the three Mother Boxes. However, he was defeated by the armies of the backwater planet, and a furious Darkseid banished him from the planet.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Darkseid. The original character was created by Jack Kirby and first appeared in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #134.
- Darkseid has not yet appeared onscreen, but he has been referenced in both Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League. He will finally appear onscreen in the upcoming Zack Snyder's Justice League set to release on HBO Max in 2021.
- Darkseid will be portrayed by Ray Porter.
- Appearances of Uxas (DC Extended Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Uxas (DC Extended Universe)
- Quotations by or about Uxas (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Uxas (DC Extended Universe)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."