Vanessa van Helsing was a member of Night Force.
Vanessa van Helsing is the great granddaughter of Professor Van Helsing, a famed scholar and vampire hunter from the late 19th century. When Vanessa was thirteen-years-old, she began to develop psychokinetic abilities, which enabled her to perceive elements of the supernatural. These perceptions proved harrowing to Vanessa's psyche and she was placed in the care of the Potomac Psychiatric Hospital in Georgetown, Virginia. Vanessa remained their for seven years until her twenty-first birthday. After which, she was legally released to the custody of Georgetown College professor Donovan Caine. With Caine, Vanessa became one of several members of the "Night Force" -- a team of occult investigators under the guidance of the enigmatic Baron Winters.
Powers and Abilities
- Psychokinesis: Vanessa van Helsing can mentally perceive aberrations in the veil between the real world and the spirit world. She can also commune with beings that originate from these worlds including assorted demons that stem from any number of nether dimensions, including Hell.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Baron Winters once claimed to have fathered Vanessa during an affair he had with Vanessa's mother Madelyne while she was separated from her husband and that Madelyne had only discovered she was pregnant after she had reunited with her husband. Winters later hints this was just a lie to get his ex-wife Katina and son Goron to help him save Vanessa.
- 13 Appearances of Vanessa van Helsing (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Vanessa van Helsing (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Vanessa van Helsing (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Vanessa van Helsing (New Earth)