Vic Sage was an investigative journalist investigating Doctor Arby Twain's illegal activities, when Twain's former partner Aristotle Rodor (Sage's former science teacher) showed him Pseudoderm, a type of artificial skin with potential uses in the field of medicine. Acting on Rodor's suggestion, Sage fashioned the Pseudoderm into a featureless mask to conceal his identity, and tracked down Twain, forcing him to confess that he had been trying to illegally sell the untested and sometimes dangerous material. He continued to disguise himself as the vigilante known as "the Question" and was known for his ruthless attitude. He was an occasional ally of the Blue Beetle.
The Question participated in the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
This section of the history takes place during Convergence, a massive crossover event revisiting characters from past eras and realities. The villains Brainiac and Telos plucked them from their own timeline and stored them together, causing them to cross over into each others' reality. Its precise chronological placement and canonicity may be unclear.
- This version of the Question, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 24 Appearances of Vic Sage (Earth-Four)
- 4 Images featuring Vic Sage (Earth-Four)
- 1 Quotations by or about Vic Sage (Earth-Four)
- Character Gallery: Vic Sage (Earth-Four)