Victor Stone was a student and football player at Metropolis High School. With the rest of his family, Victor was in a car accident, that killed the others. However, Victor survived. His body was taken to SynTechnics, where scientists saved his life by turning him into a cyborg. Dr. Hong, one of the scientists, felt guilty about what they were doing to Victor and let him go.
While Victor was on the run, a car driven by Lana Lang hit him. He was fine, but he took the injured Lana to a hospital and tried to escape. Outside, he was confronted by Lana's boyfriend, Clark Kent, who discovered Victor's cybernetic state and offered him shelter. Not long after, men working for SynTechnics found him and damaged his cybernetics. This combined with them threatening his former girlfriend, Katherine, prompted Victor to return to SynTechnics. They repaired and upgraded him, but where also planning to operate on his brain. Victor was rescued by Clark, who made sure that Victor would be left alone. Afterwards, Victor was reunited with Katherine.
They tried to make it work, but the hardware in him ended the relationship. Victor ended up living on the streets, until he was found by Oliver Queen. Oliver gave him a roof over his head and a reason to keep living. Not long after, Oliver recruited him for a team, that he was assembling. Now going by the codename "Cyborg", Victor helped taking down a project run by Lex Luthor, that performed experiments on metahumans. After that, Victor continued operating as Cyborg.
Powers and Abilities
- Cybernetic Enhancement
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Victor Stone/Cyborg. The original character was created by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez and first appeared in DC Comics Presents #26.
- Victor Stone was portrayed by Lee Thompson Young on the television series Smallville. In "Icarus", Victor Stone was portrayed by an uncredited actor.
- This is the first live-action incarnation of Cyborg
- Apart from a flashback in Smallville Season 11 #10, Victor doesn't appear in the season 11 comic. Presumably, his absence was brought on by the death of Lee Thompson Young.
- 13 Appearances of Victor Stone (Smallville)
- 4 Images featuring Victor Stone (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Victor Stone (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Victor Stone (Smallville)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.