Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer Dropped - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- This power is changing me. I need to choose what kind of change that's gonna be.
- — Static src
Virgil Hawkins is Static, a young hero with electromagnetic powers.
Powers and Abilities
- Bang Baby Physiology: Static's physiology was altered by a mutant-genetic explosion which caused him to adapt unusual powers. Static's body itself can generate raw electrical energy, which he has learned to manipulate, control and enhance.
- Electrokinesis: Static is able to generate electrical energy from his body that he has learned to manipulate in a variety of ways. By focusing the lightning in his hands, Static is able to enhance his strikes.
- Electromagnetism: Due to his electrical abilities, Static is able to manipulate magnetism for a variety or purposes. He can use his electricity to magnetize and demagnetize metal objects at will. Static was able to stop a round of bullets fired at him, due to his electrical aura magnetizing them, stopping them in their tracks. He was also able to change the magnetic properties of the metal in a group of police officer's guns, launching them hundreds of feet into the air.
- Electromagnetic Fields: Static is able to use his energy to create electromagnetic fields. When battling Hotstreak, Static was able to generate a massive electromagnetic field that was able to smother Hotstreak's fire, by ionozing the oxygen surrounding it.
- Static Cling: Static can magnetize surfaces with his electricity, allowing him to adhere himself to surfaces and other objects.
- Genius Level Intellect
- Mechanical Engineering: When he was seven years old, Virgil build a radio out of scrap partshe found from the garbage.
- Martial Arts: Static is a skilled fighter, having received martial arts training from his father.
- Tactical Analysis
- Static's Uniform
- Static (Virgil Hawkins) was created by Dwayne McDuffie, Derek T. Dingle, Denys Cowan, and Michael Davis, first appearing as part of Milestone Media in Static #1. However, in the rebooted Earth M continuity, his first appearance is in Milestone Returns #0 by Reginald Hudlin and Greg Pak.
- 6 Appearances of Virgil Hawkins (Earth M)
- 8 Images featuring Virgil Hawkins (Earth M)
- 3 Quotations by or about Virgil Hawkins (Earth M)
- Character Gallery: Virgil Hawkins (Earth M)