Wallace West was Kid Flash, the sidekick of Barry Allen at the time of the Anti-Living takeover of Earth. Following the death of his mentor, Wallace took up his mantle as The Flash after the survivors fled to Earth-2.
When the techno-organic viral version of the Anti-Life Equation spread around the world, Batman informed both Wallace and his mentor Barry Allen that they needed to prevent themselves of becoming infected, the two then went into hiding on Keystone City. After a while they were found by Superman and the new Green Lantern who convinced them that it was safe to go outside, Kid Flash and Flash also wore some contact lenses to prevent themselves from seeing the screens and get infected. 
Once the heroes reunited on the Fortress of Solitude, The Flash was infected by the Martian Manhunter and Barry soon began to quickly spread the virus all over the world, Wally offered up to go get him but Superman stopped him as he chose to go himself. After Clark kills Barry, he tells Wallace that he got infected and asks him to send his son, Lois Lane, and Martha into the Speedforce as he says goodbye to them.
Superman was later stopped by the combined efforts of Jon and the Green Lantern Corps, as they sent him to drain the sun. Wally and the others survivors then travelled towards another habitable planet which was named Earth-2 and they made their new home there. On Earth-2 Wallace took up the mantle of The Flash and worked with the new Justice League. Years later Wallace decided to return to Earth with the League after learning that Cyborg was still alive and was calling out to them.
Powers and Abilities
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- 10 Appearances of Wallace R. West (DCeased)
- 3 Images featuring Wallace R. West (DCeased)
- Quotations by or about Wallace R. West (DCeased)
- Character Gallery: Wallace R. West (DCeased)
- DCeased #4
- DCeased #5
- DCeased #6
- DCeased: Dead Planet #4
- Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- The Flash (Volume 2) #74
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.