- My name is Wally West... and I need to be the fastest kid alive.
- — Wally West src
Wally's parentage was a complicated story. Wally, like his older cousin who shares his name with him, was named after their great-grandfather. Wally's father Daniel West hid his true identity from his son, bonding and remaining in the boy's life as his "uncle" rather than his father.
Wally was originally a delinquent; he was disobedient and a troublemaker. When Wally's mother went missing when the Crime Syndicate tore through Central City, his aunt Iris West took him in but even she couldn't keep him out of trouble.
The boy eventually began to ease out of his rebellious nature when he gained an admiration for Central City's hometown superhero the Flash. Wally eventually gained a connection to the mysterious Speed Force, giving him superspeed that was unpredictable and hard to control, when a future version of himself sent his powers through time to his past self before dying. With his new powers, Wally attempted to help the Flash and his aunt in any way he could.
Speed Force Storm
A few weeks later, the Speed Force was interrupted by a device created by Dr. Joseph Carver that created what would be known as a "Speed Force storm" over Central City. Anybody hit by one of the storm's lightning bolts would be granted super speed and a connection to the Speed Force. Among the many civilians that were struck, Wally, too, was hit by a bolt of lightning, cementing his powers and making them more stable.
Wally, attempting to keep his powers a secret from his Aunt Iris, worked with the speedster Meena Dhawan, also known as "Fast Track", who helped him to better utilize and understand his gift. Dhawan was apparently killed by the new villainous speedster known as Godspeed, devastating Wally and sending him looking for a new mentor. After working directly with the Flash for the first time to capture Godspeed, Wally was taken under the Flash wing as the new Kid Flash.
Early into his new career as a superhero, Kid Flash was abducted by Robin and forced to join the latest incarnation of the Teen Titans as they took on the League of Assassins. He decided to stay with the Titans afterwards and began to grow a special friendship with Raven. However, his time with the Titans was cut short after he was tricked by Deathstroke into helping him save his son Grant Wilson from dying. But instead, Deathstroke absorbed Kid Flash's power for his own. Furious, Robin threw Kid Flash out of the Titans for his rashness. As a result, Kid Flash joined forces with Deathstroke's team, the Defiance.
The Color of Fear
He and aunt Iris arrived at home, only to see the Reverse Flash. Wally tried to fight him and was severely wounded. He was then carried by Barry to STAR Labs for healing tech.
Black Hole Rising
Kid Flash received a message from Barry telling to come where he was at, there he saw that Meena was still alive, much to his delight. Meena explained to the Speedsters that she came back to save Barry, as he was dying from his contact with the Negative Speed Force. Meena took the two to the Central City Demolition Derby so they can test the effects of the Negative Speed Force. Flash starts running and in no time Flash begins to be consumed by the Negative Speed Force but Wallace manages to stop him from being torn apart and Barry thanks him for keeping him in check.
While Meena seemed excited with the results, Kid Flash began to find her behavior suspect, this suspicion proved to be true as Meena betrayed the two and revealed that she was an accomplice of Black Hole. Meena then took the powers of the Negative Speed Force from Barry, becoming the new Negative Flash. Wallace tried to attack Meena but he was quickly beaten, Meena then left while the two speedster got attacked by Black Hole soldiers, though the managed to beat them, but they didn't know where Meena went.
Back to Teen Titans / Super Sons of Tomorrow
He narrowly saves Barry from Raijin.
Wallace was helping Iris, Barry and Wally in the garage, when the Renegades arrived and demanded to arrest Iris West for previously killing Eobard Thawne. A fight soon ensued but they all agreed to let them take Iris as long as they could help them with Wally's temporal seizure, so they all travel to the 25th Century. Hunter Zolomon later persuaded Wally to go to the Speed Force and save his lost children, Barry chased after Wally as it was dangerous to tamper with the Speed Force, while Kid Flash, the Renegades and Iris stayed with Zolomon who showed his true colors before teleporting away, making the 25th century crumble.
Wallace and Iris were saved from the time wave by Commander Cold, Kid Flash used his connection to the Speed Force and ran the three of them back into the time stream. They arrived back in the present where Barry and Wally were fightning Hunter Zolomon who now had the Strength Force and Sage Force acquired. When Barry moved in on Iris' house, Wally decided to move out as he had discovered in the Flash Museum of the future that he didn't exist before Flashpoint and he was product of Barry's mistake.
Deciding to stop listening to what the "grown-ups" tell him to do, Kid Flash decided to act on his instincts from now on. He agreed to join Damian's new Teen Titans as long as Damian also added Roundhouse to said team. When Roundhouse was seemingly killed, Wallace felt a lot of grief over it, while Red Arrow saw it as an oportunity to train the team. He later went to Roundhouse's house to tell the family that he died, but was shocked when he saw that Roundhouse opened the door of the house and was still alive. The Titans broke into the Batcave to get access to the Bat-Computer, though they were briefly attacked by a Batman Robot.
Powers and Abilities
- Speed Force Conduit: After his future counterpart's death, Wallace gained a connection to the Speed Force, a mysterious cosmic force that pushes time and space itself forward. As it does this, the Speed Force creates excess energy that builds up and needs to be released. Wally, along with all speedsters connected to the Force, acts as a release valve for the Speed Force. When Wallace uses his powers, he taps into that built up energy and expends it.
- Superhuman Speed: Wallace is capable of moving at vast superhuman speeds and can only be perceived as a blur to the naked eye, as well as run across water and up buildings. Wallace does admit he is not as fast as Barry Allen.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Wallace possesses reflexes far greater than a normal human being. This allows him to perceive the world in slow motion.
- Superhuman Stamina: Wallace's body can handle the stress of moving at superhuman speeds for long periods of time without out getting tired or weak.
- Superhuman Agility: Wallace's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows him to easily make sharp turns and leap far distances while moving at superhuman speed.
- Speed Force Aura: As explained by Barry Allen, a speedsters body is surrounded by a "friction cushion", which provides light protection from the nastier elements of their speed, including friction, airborne particulate matter, kinetic impacts, G-Force and the like.
- Superhuman Durability: Wallace is capable of resisting tremendous kinetic impact forces that could easily crush or kill a human, without suffering any serious external or internal injuries.
- Accelerated Healing: Wallace is able to rapidly regenerate from injuries at rates much quicker than any normal human.
- Aerokinesis: By running in a circular motion or spinning his arms at super-speed, Wallace is able to generate strong vortices of wind. He was also able to use his speed to generate enough differential wind to cancel out the force of a large tidal wave.
- Dimensional Travel: By homing in on the energy signature left by Deathstroke's gravity sheath, Wallace was able to accelerate faster than ever before, past light-speed and into the Speed Force.
- Electrokinesis: Wallace is able to generate and manipulate the electrical energy he draws from the Speed Force. This Speed Force lightning emanates off of him as a red aura of electricity, especially when he moves at super-speed. Wallace was able to use his Speed Force lightning to restart the Flash's heart after it had given out.
- Electro-Blast: Wallace has learned that if he focuses, he can project his Speed Force energy as bolts of lightning from his hands. By running in circles, he can build a larger charge and hurl much more powerful lightning bolts.
- Electromagnetism: Due to his electrokinetic abilities, Wallace possesses some level of manipulation over magnetism. He can use his lightning to create electromagnetic fields.
- Energy Construct Creation: Wallace discovered if he concentrated, he could use the Speed Force to create solid energy constructs, which he used to compose his costume.
- Light Projection: When in extreme duress, Wallace is able to generate blinding amounts of light through sheer force of will.
- Speed Force Absorption: By interlocking energy currents, Wallace can drain away the Speed Force, or Negative Speed Force from other speedsters who's DNA has not completely bonded to the Speed Force, or energy sources such as a Speed Force storm.
- Speed Force Negation: By interlocking his Speed Force energy currents with another speedster, Wallace is able to temporarily short circuit the other speedsters power, creating a "lightning burst". He was also able to calm the Negative Speed Force in the Flash, by interlocking energy currents with him.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force grants Wallace enhanced senses that allow him to perceive the world at a rate attuned his reaction speed. When the Flash "died" after his heart gave out, the Speed Force drew Wallace to his location. He was also able to feel the Speed Force in Wally's body after his death.
- Molecular Acceleration: When Wallace vibrates his molecules too fast, he can cancel out the molecular frequency of objects around him and destroy them.
- Speed Steal: Wallace is able to absorb the speed and/or momentum from moving objects. He demonstrated this by slowing a group of airborne bullets.
- Time Travel: By running fast enough, Wally was able to travel back to the time stream and then to the present from being in stuck in "Nowhen".
- At his introduction, Wally was introduced as the son of Rudy West, Iris' older brother. However, in DC Rebirth, it is revealed there are two Wally Wests: one the son of Rudy, and one the son of Daniel - this Wally being the son of Daniel West, whom he was raised to believe was his uncle.
- He discovered that he was created due to Barry's mistake when he created Flashpoint.
- The Flash (Avery Ho), Power Girl, and Roundhouse all consider Wallace their best friend.
- 206 Appearances of Wallace R. West (Prime Earth)
- 151 Images featuring Wallace R. West (Prime Earth)
- 6 Quotations by or about Wallace R. West (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Wallace R. West (Prime Earth)
- Justice League (Volume 4) #30
- The Flash Annual (Volume 4) #3
- The Flash (Volume 4) #50
- The Flash (Volume 5) #2
- The Flash (Volume 5) #8
- The Flash (Volume 5) #34
- The Flash (Volume 5) #35
- The Flash (Volume 5) #47
- The Flash (Volume 5) #48
- The Flash (Volume 5) #50
- The Flash (Volume 5) #51
- Teen Titans Special #1
- Teen Titans (Volume 6) #20
- Teen Titans (Volume 6) #21
- Teen Titans (Volume 6) #22
- Teen Titans (Volume 6) #26
- The Flash (Volume 4) #13
- The Flash (Volume 5) #7
- Teen Titans (Volume 6) #17
- Teen Titans (Volume 6) #14
- The Flash (Volume 5) #19
- The Flash (Volume 5) #13
- Teen Titans (Volume 6) #24
- The Flash (Volume 5) #5
- Teen Titans: The Lazarus Contract Special #1
- The Flash (Volume 5) #11
- Titans (Volume 3) #17
- Justice League (Volume 3) #35
- The Flash (Volume 5) #4
- The Flash (Volume 5) #12
- The Flash (Volume 5) #24
- The Flash (Volume 5) #32
- The Flash (Volume 5) #50
- Teen Titans (Volume 6) #6
- DCU: Rebirth #1
- The Flash (Volume 5) #9
- The Flash (Volume 5) #41
- The Flash (Volume 5) #51
- DC Love Is a Battlefield #1
- Deathstroke Annual (Volume 4) #1
- Teen Titans (Volume 6) #35
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.
|Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the superhero team known as the Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans members" category.