- Dude, the bad guys went down, and nobody got hurt. You know what I call that? A really good day.
- — The Flash src
Wally West was the speedster known as the Flash. The kind-hearted and sarcastic police scientist was generally considered the heart and soul of the Justice League.
Powers and Abilities
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Power Instability: Without precise control, Flashes powers are as dangerous to himself and others. He can cause unstable resonance by oscillating his body causing catastrophic damage to his surrounding environment, fortunately he is disciplined enough.
- Speed Threshold: If he exceeds certain speed threshold he may enter the Speed Force and never return.
- High Caloric Dependency: Flash must consume many thousands of calories a day for optimum power use. Various instances he fought he must manage his stamina and instances where he's been exhausted.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Wally West. The original character was created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in The Flash #110.
- The Flash was voiced by Charlie Schlatter for the episode "Speed Demons" of the animated series Superman. For his later appearances in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, the character was voiced by Michael Rosenbaum.
- 132 Appearances of Wally West (DCAU)
- 44 Images featuring Wally West (DCAU)
- 16 Quotations by or about Wally West (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Wally West (DCAU)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.