During the start of the Anti-Life Virus outbreak, Wally managed to prevent the techno-organic virus from infecting Linda Park, keeping his lover safe. Not long afterwards, Wally ran across Keystone City by destroying screens and saving his people from the Anti-Living. He discarded Batman's advice to hide, but realizes he's not fast enough to save everyone, at least not by himself. Upon his realization, he sought the help and assistance of the surviving members of the Flash Family, consisting of Max Mercury and Bart Allen in saving others. While he explains the situation to them, they are joined by Jesse Quick which later tries to stop the spread of the virus in Keystone City. Meanwhile, Wally rescued many people as he could including Pied Piper in Central City, Arsenal in New York City, and Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in Gotham City, but finds that every city in the United States has been infected with the virus.
When Mercury suggested evacuating the survivors of Keystone to a parallel Earth, Wally decides to run on the Tandem Cosmic Treadmill together with Bart to open a portal there. The duo rescued all uninfected residents of Keystone, including Linda (who was sent there first), only for the running Bart to collapse from exhaustion to keep the portal open. Max rushed to rescue Bart and tells Wally to keep running. As Wally started collapsing himself, Mercury took him and Bart to the parallel Earth by the last moment but has been bitten by one of the Anti-Living while rescuing the latter. Instead of killing him, Wally and the rest of the speedsters transfer some of their speed to him, allowing infected Max to join the Speed Force where he will keep on running forever.
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Wally West was created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino, first appearing in The Flash #110. However, the DCeased version of Wally West first appeared in DCeased: Hope at World's End #3 by Tom Taylor and Carmine Di Giandomenico.
- The Flash Recommended Reading
- 1 Appearances of Wally West (DCeased)
- 2 Images featuring Wally West (DCeased)
- 3 Quotations by or about Wally West (DCeased)
- Character Gallery: Wally West (DCeased)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 DCeased: Hope at World's End #3
- ↑ Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #74
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.