Professor Walter "Prof" Haley was a master skin diver and oceanographer. The Professor was en route to appear on the radio program but was involved in a plane crash but miraculously survives along with three other men. The other men consisted of Olympic westling champion Lester "Rocky" Davis, Pilot Kyle " Ace" Morgan, circus daredevil Matthew "Red" Ryan. The four survivors decided that they were now all living 'on borrowed time', and banded together to start their adventuring career as the Challengers of the Unknown.
Prof started as a master skin diver; however, within a dozen issues, that evolved to where oceanography was only his principle field and he was a genius in a large number of scientific fields.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 160 Appearances of Walter Haley (New Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Walter Haley (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Walter Haley (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Walter Haley (New Earth)
|Challengers of the Unknown member|
This character is or was a member of the Challengers of the Unknown