Wandjina, coincidentally the name of the Australian Aborigine weather spirit, was a superhero able to control the elements of his world Angor. He is believed to be an actual god, but no one really knows. He was a member of the superhero team the Assemblers.
Wandjina, along with his teammates Blue Jay and Silver Sorceress, were the survivors of a nuclear holocaust caused by the Extremists. They regrouped together as the Champions of Angor and, with little recourse, sought refuge in another dimension. They arrived on the planet Earth and attempted to destroy Earth's nuclear stockpile in the hopes of preventing the devastations that destroyed Angor from affecting Earth as well. Their efforts were met with resistance however, and they crossed paths with the Justice League and the Rocket Red Brigade. Ultimately, Wandjina sacrificed himself to prevent a meltdown in a Bialyan reactor, and the others gave themselves up to the Russian authorities. Wandjina's corpse would later be reanimated as a weapon by Queen Bee of Bialya. The citizens didn't quite understand the fate of Wandjina and came to revere him as a hero. The former hero was sent to destroy the Justice League and was killed by Captain Atom.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Wandjina was created as a pastiche of Marvel Comics' Thor, with the hammer replaced by a battle axe.
- 9 Appearances of Wandjina (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Wandjina (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Wandjina (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Wandjina (New Earth)