: See also: Watchmen
- Ozymandias (Adrian Veidt)
- Nite Owl (Daniel Dreiberg)
- Silk Spectre (Laurel Juspeczyk)
- Rorschach (Walter Kovacs)
- Doctor Manhattan (Jonathan Osterman)
- The Comedian (Edward Blake)
- Nite Owl I (Hollis Mason)
- Silk Spectre I (Sally Juspeczyk)
- Captain Metropolis (Nelson Gardner)
- Silhouette (Ursula Zandt)
- Now that would be telling...
- See also: Watchmen
"Watchmen" is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the "Doomsday Clock" - which charts the USA's tension with the Soviet Union - is permanently set at five minutes to midnight. When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the washed up but no less determined masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with his former crime-fighting legion - a ragtag group of retired superheroes, only one of whom has true powers - Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for the future. Their mission is to watch over humanity... but who is watching the Watchmen?"
- Jackie Earl Haley - Rorschach
- Stephen McHattie - Hollis Mason / Nite Owl
- Patrick Wilson - Dan Dreiberg / Nite Owl II
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan - The Comedian
- Billy Crudup - Doctor Manhattan
- Carla Gugino - Sally Jupiter / The Silk Spectre
- Malin Åkerman - Laurie Juspeczyk / The Silk Spectre
- Matthew Goode - Ozymandias
- 300 associate producer Wesley Coller played Rorschach in a costume test, which Snyder inserted into an R-rated trailer for 300.
- The teaser trailer  was released several days online before debuting in theaters before The Dark Knight's presentation. The song present in the trailer is rock band The Smashing Pumpkins's song,"The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning", an alternate take on their similar song,"The End Is the Beginning Is the End", which was released on Batman & Robin's OST. The theatrical trailer  debuted with Quantum of Solace's theater presentation, featuring the song "Take a Bow" by Muse. "Take a Bow" has the same theme of corruption, conspiracy, and apocalyptic consequences like "The Beginning Is the End".
- Characters from Watchmen (Movie)
- Other things related to Watchmen (Movie)
- Movie Gallery: Watchmen (Movie)